cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Visual Composer from NWDS - CE as BI Data Source (BPM tables)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We´re using Visual Composer to build bpm analytics reports. Acessing Visual Composer from browser (/VC) works perfectly, we can see tables from CE, on BI Data Source option.

But when using Visual Composer directly on Developer Studio. On select provider, when I click on BI Data Sources, there´s an error message:

"Check the BW systems. Check the BW configuration in the System Landscape. Make sure the user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct".

But I´m not trying to connect to any BW system, I want to view CE Bpm tables.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member4344
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@Vitor, you cannot access BPM datasource from VC@NWDS, as Talia has already mentioned it, This datasource won't be listed in NWDS with no exceptions in respect of configuration you did. The only way to access BPM tables from NWDS is not a VC-way, it's a JDBC-way of datasource definition but it's not recommended at all.

@Fabrizio, you have not to do any additional configuration if you want just to consume BPM datasource. It is available in VC' online mode only at the moment so you can access it via link host:port/VC then select portal local datasource and search for predefined BPM datasources. The only thing you have to keep in mind there should be all required BI Java components installed on your CE instance. Voila

Edited by: Roman Gumenyuk on Mar 7, 2012 12:34 PM

former_member445255
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

I have a scenario, in which I have to access the BPM data (related to Task/Process). Could you please suggest me how I can access these data?

Is it possible to access these data directly from BPM table (as you explained above JDBC-way of datasource definition)? Could you please explain me how I can do it.

Thanks

Divyanshu

former_member4344
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

BPM data is stored in the application server schema so establishing a JDBC connection.. Hugh, that's a simple task (deploy JDBC driver according to your dbms, create a datasource to your app. server db schema and use it every time you wanna to access table' data) but the format of these tables is closed so it's highly recommended to avoid such way - it's kinda tricky way

On the other hand it can be approached using integrated capabilities of VC. Read about it in the blog (also do not forget to look into the documentation at help.sap.com) download the samples, play with them and have fun There you may find how the data related to Task/Process will look like in VC http://scn.sap.com/people/radostina.kasova/blog/2010/03/16/6-sample-sap-netweaver-bpm-720-dashboards...

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vitor,

Consuming BMP data sources is not supported by in VC@NWDS.

Possible workaround: start developing the models and consume BMP data sources in Visual Composer browser version and afterwards, having VC configured to work with DTR, you can check the models in to DTR, sync them in NWDS, check out and continue modeling.

Best Regards,

Talia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Talia!

Sorry I didnt post this as question so I´m not able to reward points.

But thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitor,

We are trying to get process and task datasource directly from CE instead of getting data form BW system.

In order to get process and task data source information, do we need to configure communication between BPM and BW? Becasuse, if I am not wrong, in the scenario of Real Time Reporting Analysis, data should be accessed directly from CE instead of getting data from BW...

Which are the steps you followed to configure system in order to make "BI Data Source" provider available? if we try to discover data sources (without BPM-BW communication configuration) we receive the message:

"Could not retrieve systems, Check the BW systems configuration in the system landscape. Make sure the user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct"

Thanks,

Fabrizio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talia,

Can I connect to BI Datasources in NWDS just like we do in Web version of VC. Could you please provide a document that shows how to create a BI Datasource connection in NWDS. Any document on creating connection for VC in NDWS and how to create models in NWDS is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Deep

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Yes, you can connect to BI Datasources in NWDS. In order to that go to:

Windows->Preferencies->Destination Configurations->R/3 Configuration and press Add button.

Open the Single Server tab, fill the fields and press OK button.

Afterwards you should restart the NWDS.

General documentation about VC in NWDS:

http://help.sap.de/saphelp_nwce72/helpdata/en/5f/5a9379abab46a08547d60bf6862097/content.htm?frameset...

Regards,

Talia