cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to CR 2013 Failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Purchased the CR 2013 Upgrade product from the estore.Currently have CR 2011 14.0.4.738 RTM.

Install fails with the full-installation package cannot be applied when an older version is installed. Use the maintenance package for SAP Crystal Reports 2013 SP01 to update your current installation.

Help??

see attached error message

Hello, Crystal Reports...... any suggestions?????????

Message was edited by: Jeffrey Clemens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I experienced the same thing as Jeffrey Clemens. I want to know where is the Maintenance Package for SP01 so that I can run it rather than uninstalling CR 2011 first. I am not getting good help from my support inquiries.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Michael,

please create a new discussion for this as per the forum rules.

thanks,

jamie

0 Kudos

Hi Jeffrey,

As the message indicates you cannot install a full build on to of an existing install.

Uninstall CR 2011 first, make sure you keep your keycode, we won't be able to give you a new one.

CR 2013 is simply an upgrade from CR 2011, they are the same version, just renamed to sync up with BOE 4.1, which is also the same as BOE 4.0.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to install CR 2013 Upgrade (DVD ROM) onto my existing 2011 Full installation.  I did not have to uninstall 2011.  On a 2nd PC, though, I did get the error message Jeffrey listed.  Strange.  I have not yet done the upgrade on that PC.

My guestion is do I have to use License Manager and provide keycodes for the 2011 and 2013 versions?  Is there any way to install 2013 Upgrade without removing 2011, such as with command line switches?

0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

What do you mean you have not done the upgrade on the second PC? The installer you have seems to be an upgrade copy so it requires a previous version to be installed. It will not install on a clean PC that doesn't have CR installed on it.

Read the Install Guide, there is a section on Silent installs.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just ran setup from the installation disk again and receive the same error message that Jeffrey posts above.  The installation does not proceed and I am forced to exit.

My PC and the 2nd PC started with a clean install of CRYSTAL REPORTS 2011 SP4 WINDOWS, P/N 7090310.

I bought both Full and Upgrade CR 2013 versions with media for installation on various PC.  Both boxes contain the exact same DVD-ROM, which is labeld with Part # 51046845.