cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknow process chain jobs keep failing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a problem with a process chain consisting of a number of local chains. Everyday two jobs (ODSACT and PROCESS_LOADING) fail. They are part of two separate local chains. If I go into the log of these local chains I can see unknown jobs corresponding to the failed jobs. I have experienced this problem before and solved it by de- and rescheduling the local chains and the main chain. In this case it doesn't work! Do you have any idea what to do. It is no big deal (as the process chain runs fine besides this) but it is somewhat of a nuisance.

Thanks

/Karsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

Try to give a "wait time" in the process next to the ODS activation process. Sometimes even before the ODS gets activated the next job starts and hence the error log.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody

Thanks for you input. I finally got them "killed". What I did was to deschedule all chains, only leaving the 2 jobs in question as scheduled in SM37. I just deleted them and rescheduled all the chains, which did the trick.

Br

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I had similar problem which aroused from modyfying PCs. Some jobs I did not used any more were executed every day.

I just go to sm37 -> found those jobs with released status (scheduled for next day) and deleted them

Regards,

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej

The problem is that I have a number of jobs with that same name scheduled. All ODS_ACTIVATE jobs are named the same, so I have no way of knowing excactly which one to delete.

Br

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you see any jobs with status cancelled in se37 which corresponds to your situation

or any dumps in st22 caused by jobs?

Regards,

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are no dumps and I can see the failed jobs in SM37 (I guess that's what you mean, not SE37).

I descheduled all chains leaving only the two failing jobs as scheduled in SM37. Then I deleted them as you suggested. I will have to wait untill tomorrow the check the result.

Br

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check, if there were any other jobs or process chains run in parallel? They might lock some necessary data or processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maik

That is not the problem. The error is:

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSPROCESS, variant 00000040151, user ID ALEREMOTE)

Job or process BI_PROCESS_LOADING, waiting for event RSPROCESS 3WUW3TO3GILKPZ7VCEYS8D8NR is unknown

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE