cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to uninstall MaxDB command dbmcli not found

kathleen_a_sales
Explorer
0 Kudos

Im trying to uninstall SAP MaxDB according to the procedure below.

https://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_8/44/d8fc93daba5705e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

1. On Unix or Linux: Open a root shell and log on as the user root.

On Microsoft Windows: Open a command prompt and log on as a member of the Administrators group.

2. Call Database Manager CLI in session mode, log on as a DBM operator and connect to the database assigned to the installation directory in which you want to uninstall software:

>dbmcli -d <database_name> -u <dbm_operator>,<dbm_operator_password>

3. Stop the database:

>db_stop

4. Delete the database:

>db_drop

5. Exit Database Manager CLI:

>exit

Repeat steps 2 to 5 in succession for each database assigned to the installation directory in which you want to uninstall software.

6. Execute the uninstallation program with the required option:

>sdbuninst <option>

Specify the installation to be uninstalled indicating the -i <installation name> or the -path <installation_path> option (see: Overview of Options for the SDBUNINST Program).

If you want to uninstall all software components of all SAP MaxDB versions on your computer, specify the –all option; otherwise, specify your chosen component with the -package option. Place any package names of software components that contain spaces in double quotation marks.

If a particular package has been installed in several versions, a list of the versioned packages with their IDs is displayed by the system. Specify a package ID and confirm.

I cannot perform step 1. Im getting

It seems that the command cannot be found.

Is there any other way to uninstall MaxDB? I used SWPM 1.0 SP31 for NW higher than 7.0x to install the Database instance. This is under Generic Options > SAP Content Server > SAP MaxDB Database instance/

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DavidLY
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you tried the method in the following note to uninstall maxdb database:

1668638 - Uninstallation using SDBUNINST as of SAP MaxDB 7.8

Regards,

David