cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start J2EE Server -- Exitcode: -11113

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on EP 7.0 Yesterday suddenly our portal went down.

Unable to start J2EE Server -- Exitcode: -11113.

Below message when accessing the portal url:-

SAP WebAS Engine is starting...

If this state does not change within a few minutes,

please contact your system administrator.

Check the recommendations in SAP Notes: 943498, 764417

Details: No details available

Below are the logs:-

From Default Trace.14.trc file:-

#1.5 #0050568E327100210000000100002838000467878C9603E7#1239731784980#

com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner##com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_59##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Plain###Service com.sap.security.core.ume.service error. Nested exception is

: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.security.api.UMFactory.initialize(Ljava/util/Properties;Ljava/util/HashMap;Lcom/sap/security/api/util/IUMFileIO;)V

From Security Log:-

#1.5 #0050568E327100200000002A0000100C00046798AA782079#1239805299543#/System/Server##com.sap.engine.core.locking.impl3.

LockingManagerImpl.jenqulib#######Thread[SAPEngine_EnquReader,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.engine.core.locking.impl3.LockingManagerImpl#Plain###Encomi: failed to connect to STTXEPD01/3201/Connection refused: connect)#

From std_server0.out:-

Apr 15, 2009 10:20:23... com.sap.engine.core.Framework [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_63] Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked.

Reason is: Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Please help to resolve this.

Thanks,

Smitha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might not like this solution. But it worked for me. Just copy the usr\sap\<SID>\JC20\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin directory from any other good installation.

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks KC,

The replacement of bin folder of Server0 worked for me. The portal is up & running now.

I rewarded you points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know one way it can happen. It just happened to me now. I upgraded only J2EE libraries using JSPM. JSPM should have checked dependecies but it did not and the server is screwed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

This exit code usually comes when the UME connection fails.

Check whether the password has expired for the user-id, which is used to configure your UME connection with LDAP/R3.

Reset the password and restart the Server, Hope it works.

Regards,

Renu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

May be this will help you

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello my friend

Have you or anyone made any change to AS Java, such as JSPM patching, SDM, configtool parameter, VA......? Any change history will be helpful for this sudden issue.

Besides, what OS/DB is this EP based on? Which JVM is based on? And if possible, please provide SP stack info.

Thanks,

Effan

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

there are some strange letters in the following line:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.security.api.UMFactory.initialize(Ljava/util/Properties;Ljava/util/HashMap;Lcom/sap/security/api/util/IUMFileIO;)V

To be honest - I can not tell why they are there. For me this looks like inconsistencies at file system level, some version conflict or anything like this. Maybe you should try to redeploy the ume... I would start with com.sap.security.api.offline.sda and test again. Afterwards I would go on also redeploying all other ume sdas. I hope that helps Don't forget to take a backup before redeploying. Also check if there may be any version conflict in your components.

Cheers,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

I tried to restore the default values for Com.sap.security.core.ume.service

And restarted the server. Everything is in green, except server0 u2013 J2EE Server in J2EE Process table u2013 which is stopped with exitcode -11113

Std_server0.out :

service com.sap.security.core.ume.service ================= ERROR =================

Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.security.api.UMFactory.initialize(Ljava/util/Properties;Ljava/util/HashMap;Lcom/sap/security/api/util/IUMFileIO;)V

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:540)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:540)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150)

[Framework -> criticalShutdown] Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Apr 16, 2009 8:02:59 AM com.sap.engine.core.Framework [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_53] Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

The size of Std_server0.out file is only 23KB. There is enough space in the drive.

Not sure, what key values to be checked under com.sap.security.core.ume.service in config tool.

Please guide me if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Smitha.

shankar_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha

Similar thing happened with me last week.in my case std_server0.out had increased in size (10gb).Another time space in /sapmnt had become 100%.On cleaning this the server was up.

Hope it helps

best Regards

Shankar

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

check your ume properties. Maybe you can also post or attach some more from std_server0.out file. This is quite interesting. It should tell where the problem is located.

Cheers, Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your response.

Below are the JVM memory parameters:-

MaxHeapSize = 2048MB

-XX:MaxPermSize=384M

-XX:PermSize=384M

The UME parameter has the same value; ume.persistence.data_sourse_configuration = datasourceConfiguration_database_only.xml

Also, the parameter UME on configtool of Devlopment system: ume.persistence.data_sourse_configuration has the same values as Quality system - which we are able to access.

Restarted the dev server but unable to start J2EE server.

Thanks in advance.

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are SAP Notes: 956867 & 942050 relavant for your scenario? Have you had an upgrade?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha Kodati

You will check the values of java virtual machine settings

SAP Note 723909 Java VM For J2EE 6.40/7.0

Additionaly You will check the parameter UME on configtool: ume.persistence.data_sourse_configuration

Configtool-> Global Services configuration --> Services --> com.sap.security.ume.service

Parameter ume.persistence.data_sourse_configuration = datasourceConfiguration_database_only.xml

and restart the system

I hope this help you

Regards

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Error is clear in the last line of std_server0.out

ume.service failed