cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find Registry Entires to Increase NTablesMax

brianbuttrey
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I'm having a similar issue to Unable to view tables in Database Expert | SAP Community. My database has almost 20,000 tables. But, I'm not able to see them all. I found the above answer, but I am not able to find that setting in the Windows Registry. I am on Windows 10 Pro.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Crystal Reports uses system resources so it's limited in how many Tables it can display, even after altering the Registry.

Go into the Database Expert, right click on your DB connection and select Options:

You can then add filtering under the Data Explorer section, uncheck all except Tables, that can free up a lot of DB info being loaded into memory.

If that still doesn't show all then start adding filter for the Owner or Tables.

Usually MS SQL Server has no issue but DB's like Oracle does have problem due to the usual amount of database available.

Don

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The registry path has changed since 2009. It's also different if you're using Crystal 2020, which is 64-bit. See 2165260 - *** Master KBA *** List of Registry Keys used in Crystal Reports, Crystal Reports for Visu... for information about the correct path and setting to use.

If you can't get to the KBA, let me know and I'll post the information here.

-Dell

brianbuttrey
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing. Unfortunately, even with that, I cannot find ...\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions. We can find the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\ (on 32 bit OS). However, there just isn't any FetchOptions. We manually added it in that area in the registry. I then re-opened CR and still not able to get to all the tables.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you add the NTablesMax key under FetchOptions? Also, I believe the registry is case sensitive, so you need to make sure that the letter case for both added options are correct.

-Dell