cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to Delete SPN after setting up Windows AD Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have setup Windows AD Authentication on our servers and it works fine as it is now. we recently moved from one domain to another and want to remove this SPN and add new SPN in CMC. However we are not able to delete SPN and Default Domain details. anytime we try to delete it keeps coming back and doesn't go away with a message (Since the AD is disabled, any changes made are disregarded)

Not sure how to clean this up for another SPN. any ideas? we are in 4.1 SP4

thanks

View Entire Topic
former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

enable the AD authentication first and then update at the bottom.

once its enabled then you will be able to modify the SPN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Raunak. I tried enabling it but fails on update with "invalid admin credentials" mssg. these are same credentials that were there and never changed. If I enable/.disable a couple of times, it'll corrupt the system (happened once before and SAP warned me not to touch this check box once enabled) sucha a flaky system ..I'll have to enable it again anyway for entering new credentials..i'll give it a try again

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

Are you still having issues? I have done this setup on a working environment where I had to change the service user. Are you still having issues?

Best Regards,

Luca Molinari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am still not able to remove the SPN I have setup earlier. I keep getting "Active Directory Authentication failed to verify administrator credentials for the user ..." error.  I tried to remove global.properties file and also tried by modifying it with another SPN name..still it doesn't seem to like it

Thanks

0 Kudos

Is the user that you are using an administrator of the domain?

Can you copy and paste the command that you are using?

you are executing the command from the domain controller, right?