Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning backend JSOn into OData for Fiori app

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to replicate an existing UI5 (non-Fiori) application into a Fiori-like app for better integration in the Fiori launchpad.

When I use Web IDE to create a new Fiori application based on a template, I'm expected to provide a service URL to an OData model.

The original UI5 application however simply used a backend service that provides a plain JSON output.

How can I turn this rather plain JSON output into an OData service or how can I build the Fiori template-based application based on the JSON output?

Thanks and many regards

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jsonmodel has a method loadData where you pass URL and data from that URL is loaded into the model. using Odata is preffered but not mandatory for Fiori apps

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Maksim.

My question is specifically about how to turn an existing backend JSON data model into an OData model served by the backend so that I consume it in Fiori using the preferred way?

Thanks

Patrick

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

odata = data + metadata

json = data (no metadata)

no easy way except redeveloping

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion successfully moved from SAP Fiori to SAPUI5 Developer Center

as the more appropriate community for this topic.  While associated with Fiori, the UI5 aspects and WebIDE help, as well as the majority of the coding experts, are to be found in the SAPUI5 DC. 

Cheers, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Is this the right place to put this question or should I move this elsewhere?