Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX Query Using URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to run queries on our TREX using URLS like this:

http://xyz.abc.net:50000/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.service?startpage=searchpage&configfilename=navigation.xml&layoutsetmode=exclusive&resourcelisttype=com.sapportals.wcm.searchresultlist&searchtype=quick&selectedsearchin=1&selectedsearchfolder=/room_extensions/cm_stores/pm_news_storage/workspaces/[Room_ID]&SelectedSearchFromHere=/documents&QueryString=test&SelectedSearchIndices=[INDEX_NAME]&EnableSearchOptions=False

Is there any documentation on the parameters, their functionality and values, that are contained in this URLS.

For example i´m wondering what SelectedSearchFromHere would do?

Any hints, links, etc. are appreciated.

Best Regards

Christopher Höfele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

sorry, not much help on the parameters from my side, but are you by any chance trying to achieve what will be possible in EP 6.0, SP2, Patch5 anyhow?

See:

-

As of EP6 SP2 Patch5 respectively NW '04 SPS 04 a special iView for searching documents inside a room is available. It is called 'Room Content Search'.

-

Regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

may be. We are developing an iView which federeates several search-engines (for example URL-Based engines (like google) or API-Based engines (custom solutions runnning in our company). One of the engines to be integrated is T-Rex for our Portal, KM and Collab-Content. Therefore we try to access it via URL´s as mentioned in my original posting. The problem is, that we want to use it for searching on very fine-grained basis (e.g. only certain types of documents in a certain room). Therefore i need to create the corresponding URL´s

I hope i could give you an idea of our envisioned solution.

Regards, Christopher

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

still no parameters, but some more hints...

You have read the article on "Integrating 3rd Party Search Engines into KM Index Management":

https://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/nw_kmc/howto/km/using_global_services/Integrating%203r...

And the KM Developer's Guide in general:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/knowl... management and collaboration developers guide.html

And have you examined the option(s) desribed in SAP Note 533477 ?

Also briefly discussed here:

Will your federated search be SAP Portal based?

Will it be a KM iView?

Or who will own the UI?

Regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

thank you for the links. Where can I find the SAP Notes? in The Support Portal?

Yes, our federated search will be portal based. We´ve developped a component wich distributes the search-query on different engines (e.g TREX for the portal, or our company-wide intranet search-engine). The results are then federated and displayed in an iView. We will also use it in KM in a different configuration.

I don´t know what you mean exactly by "who owns the UI"

Best regards

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i´ve already found the notes. But no big help either

But thanks for your efforts.

Best Regards

Christopher

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

have you discussed the usage of the URL parameters with a consultant from SAP? There is some documentation on this, but it's SAP internal, as the upgrade behavior is not guaranteed. An SAP consultant might be a way to that info...

And this is just the way it is, sorry. I am not trying to sell you consulting time here )

Regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

thanks for your help. No, i haven´t talked to a consultant yet. But i will...:-)

Thanks again, and best regards.

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Try this:

http://<b>portalserver:port</b>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.service?ConfigFileName=...;

Just change the bold values...

Thanks,

Manal Gh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

We are doing something very similar in EP5 SP6.

To build our URL, we used the 'save search as iView' option on our 'test' search. That allowed us to select the options in the advanced search screen that we wanted to search on. Then, we exported the resulting iView which generated an XML document with the required search options.

We then took those node names (ex:SelectedCustomProps) and built an HTML document to allow for the selected search URL to be built dynamically.

See this as an example:

function callURL(){

document.getElementById('searchResult').src = host"/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/!2fglobal!2fservices!2finstalled!2fcom.sapportals.km.service?StartPage=NavigationPage&ConfigFileName=Navigation.xml&SelectedMatchesPerPage=8&rndLayoutSet=z_SunnetSearchResultLayoutSet&layoutSetMode=exclusive&ResourceListType=com.sapportals.wcm.SearchResultList&SearchType=ctrlpers&SelectedSearchIn=1&SelectedSearchFolder=/SunNet_News_Repositorys/Articles&SelectedSearchFromHere=/SunNet_News_Repository/Articles"termprosort;

where 'term' = Query entered by user (defaults to '*')

'pro' = Selected custom properties (from dropdown)

'sort' = Selected "SortBy" choice (from dropdown)

Hope this helps give you some more ideas

Regards,

Graham.

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Graham...as well as Christopher,

sounds like a good idea...one problem though:

There is no more "Save search as iView" default functionality in EP 6.0 anymore. This created zillions of end-user-created iViews in some projects => bad idea...

Regards, Karsten