Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress group header when subreport is also suppressed

Uli_Stoeckl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope anyone could help me to solve my problem with a report. This report has a main report and a sub report.

The main report has a group header for every single project (Detail selection and group footer are suppressed permanently). Within this GH I have placed one sub report.

The sub report shows master data which only exist for character in the sub report.

Further it is suppressed dynamically if one date character > prompt date. This works fine.

My problem is now having empty group header. My purpose was to suppress the GH as well when belonging sub report is suppressed.

V.v. if the condition date character > prompt date is false both GH and sub report are shown.

Thanks

Uli

View Entire Topic
abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

Try this:

1) Right-click the Subreport > Format Subreport > Subreport tab > Check 'Suppress Blank Subreport'

2) Go to the Section Expert > Select the section that holds the Subreport (Group Header in this case) > Check the option 'Suppress Blank Section'.

-Abhilash

Uli_Stoeckl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

thanks for the very fast answer. First I should mention, that I´m using Crystal Reports for Enterprise. The sub report is in the same section as GH. It looks like:

RH

GH1 (City/Location)

GH2 (Project) + Sub report

Detail (already sppressed)

GF2 suppressed

GF1 suppressed

RF suppressed

If I suppress the sub report with the condition (date character > prompt date) there still remains a GH2 with the projectkey (+ descrition and some additional character). My goal is to supress GH2 on the whole when the contition for the sub report is true.

the setting (#1) 'Suppress Blank Subreport'  is already in use.

many thanks in advance

Uli

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. Use the same suppress condition you've used for the GH2 section as well.

So, Right-click the Group Header Section > Select Format Group Header > Click the formula button beside 'Hide' and use the same code you use to suppress the Subreport.

Or as Prathamesh suggests, just create a Group Filter.

-Abhilash