cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps/actions to change domain name on SAP CAL instance

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have a need (seems to be getting more frequent) to align the domain name on the cal instance from the dummy.nodomain or wdf.sap.corp to match some internal demands to make it simpler/easier to connect. We see this with Fiori, personas, etc...

What steps can we take on the instance to ensure this change occurs properly? It feels as if its several parts, and I'm also not clear on what is possible to change.

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Wallace

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We changed the system names and made other required changes; an experienced Basis person should find these simple and quick, I think. However, I didn't do the work and don't have the details.

We registered the servers with an internal domain name without the dummy.nodomain.

We do have a remaining issue/workaround with the WebDynpro screens. It seems not all the tiles are Fiori (yet).

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Stanimir is the Expert and great to work with; I always defer to him 🙂

For us, it was a journey and I'm not sure we fully fulfilled it, but have it working fully with a workaround.

We changed/created DNS entries for the IPs, also did some Basis settings. Our solution activated was 1809 S4 Fully Activated. It is a bit interesting, the workaround applies to the tiles that call Webdynpros.

Hope this helps some, wish you the best on your journey.

Wallace

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wallace,

Do you know what was Basis settings was done to achieve this, and was DNS entry created for vhcalS18ci vhcalS18ci.dummy.nodomain host ?

Regards,

Rohit Makkar

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wallace,

Did you find any solution and manage to change host name or domain ?

I am also trying to do same but do not see any option.

Regards,

Rohit

stanimir_eisner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

The system rename is not a trivial operation and it hardly depends on the underlying SAP product. We do not offer support for system rename in SAP CAL.

Best regards,

Stanimir

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Stanimir,

So that means we have to use predefined hostname like vhcalS18ci vhcalS18ci.dummy.nodomain, we can not edit /etc/hosts file.

We are using S4 1809 product.

Regards,

Rohit Makkar

Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tsonyo,

Thanks for the quick answer. The general answer is "browser" items.

In particular, currently its these two solutions:

SAP Screen Personas pre-configured system based on IDES ERP 6.0 EhP7

SAP S/4HANA 1709, Fully-Activated Appliance

Best regards,

Wallace

0 Kudos

Hi Wallace,

Can you tell me which solution specifically you need to rename ?

Best regards,

Tsonyo