cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stateful session issue / File->New or Ctrl+N or target="_blank"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have got a stateful bsp application and we have encountered a strange problem.

If you are in the bsp application and you create a new Browser Window via File->New or Ctrl+N the whole Browser content gets copied but on the WAS just one session in the sm04 is existing. If you close one of the browser windows the session at the WAS gets closed but the in the other window the application is still running.

The same thing happens if i call the same application/URL via a link with target="_blank".

Does anybody has a solution how to prevent that ?

Or is it possible to get a new stateful session if the user does File->New or Ctrl+N ?

best regards

Matthias Hlubek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matthias,

All of this is working as designed. It is slightly complex. Yes, I have an idea, but it is going to take some work to write describe it for you. If you should wish to continue, we can do it in a few rounds. I will draft the solution, if in the end you paste the text together with a simple source example for a weblog. Is it an offer you can life with? (Or you can write the draft with code example for our internal prototype SAPedia for us to push out later.)

The draft idea will be to understand that control-N means same browser instance with shared cookies, how session-ids are stored in cookies, how to mangle the sessionid into the URL, how to use a wrapper frame to "hide" the sessionid in the URL from the browser.

This last topic I wrote and posted a good solution for about a year ago. See: .

brian

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

nice topic to explain with SAPedia

Looking forward to that as well.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

sorry for the late reply. Yes we can go for the draft/weblog idea. I haven't written a weblog up to now, but one time is ever the first time.

It seems that my problem is solved already by your former post. I have no idea why i could find it the first time.

Let me know if you still want to do it.

best regards,

Matthias Hlubek

Answers (0)