Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Workflow WS20000075 for Purchase Order Release BUS2012

Missschaaa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have some questions about standard workflow WS20000075 for Releasing Purchase Orders (BUS2012). We want to implement this workflow but wondering about the tasks that are inside it. First task is TS20000166 which is relevant for Workitem Creation to inform approver that he has to to the approval. By clicking on it approver gets directed to ME29N for releasing the PO and after doing it workitem gets deleted. So far so good.

But second task TS20000168 we are wondering about what sence does it have. It looks like that it just creates another workitem to creater of PO that someone has released the PO now. If it gets double clicked it just disappears. What to do with this workitem, especially if you have more than one approver instance it is not correct, because it gets created after every instance and not only the last one.

Our requirement is that additional to relase workitem approver gets informed via Outlook E-Mail and after final release is done, PO creater is informed that PO is released. How can we achieve this due to the fact BUS2012 is standard BO object. Create a whole new workflow or can we just enhance (no modification!) standard workflow?

Regards

Michael

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

My 2 cents is that it's more a "MM Purchasing" question than ABAP Development, you'd get better answers.

If you want just an opinion from ABAP/Workflow developers, TS20000168 just reflects the input release code to the workflow container. After that, I don't know how it's used (better ask MM people).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello missschaaa

As per SAP Help on Tasks: Release Effected (MM-PUR-GF)

Via these tasks, the creator of the document is informed that release has been effected (approval has been signified). He or she receives this information via the text of the work item representing the task. The creator processes the work item and thus concludes it. There is no further functionality besides this conclusion of the work item.

The workflow definition is as follows:

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

Missschaaa
Participant

Thanks a lot for this answer. Is there any possibility to change the standard workflow that instead of the workitem information the user gets informed via email or do we have to copy the whole workflow and just replace the task with a customer task?

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

missschaaa You can either modify the standard workflow or copy it, which ever you like. However, why would you want to do that, when you can get desired functionality without any modification? Why don't you leave the workflow in its current shape and form and use enhanced notifications to send emails about work items - see:

I have used the notifications several times and they work flawlessly, even if the configuration is a bit intimidating at first.

Missschaaa
Participant

Wow that's pretty cool. Never heard of that. I just read an overview and did some test configuration. Of course lots of improvement by customizing it with own content, but looks good at first sight. That's indeed helpful!

Just two questions as result of this.

(1) Extended notifications can only create E-Mails for existing workitems, right? That covers the large part of notifications, but some customers, especially in case of approval workflows, also need a notification mail to the creator of the workitem that approval is done (technical workflow is finished). So i guess this has to be done "manually" in custom approval workflow step?

(2) In relation to PO release, task TS20000168 would still be anoying. It creates a workitem in workitem creator inbox just to inform that PO is released. In case of multiple approval instances, it creates it for every instance, which is confusing, because final release is not done after first approval. We do not need a workitem in inbox for this because user then has to double click it to make it disappear. Thats unnecessary effort. We could also use extended notification to inform that release is done, so (1) would be ok, but first it should only be done at final release and second workitem still will be there and has to be clicked.

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

missschaaa I'm glad you like the notifications :))

Indeed the notifications are sent for the work items, so they need to exist. If you prefer to just send emails, you have to put corresponding steps into your workflow.

Notice, that SAP standard WS20000075 workflow is a generic solution that covers all possible setups of release strategies either single or multi step ones. The workflow itself doesn't know release strategy levels. An instance of the workflow is triggered for each strategy level and the instance is finished once that release level is either confirmed or rejected. There is no step for final release. The consequence is that release notification i.e. task TS20000168 is triggered for each release step. If you find it annoying, you can define your own workflow schema.

Missschaaa
Participant

Ok thanks, that's the input I needed and we will try if we get it this way. Last question about the notifications. Do you also have the phenomenon that the mails that were sent in HTML format took veeery long (for sure 1 minute) to load in MS Outlook? Looks like Outlook has problems with the HTML coding and needs lots of time to render it. First there is just en empty page in mail content and after about one minute the whole HTML text appears.

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

missschaaa No, I've not experience such lags while loading email notifications. Probably, HTML notifications refer to external resources that take so long to load, but that is only my educated guess.