cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP 25 is cumlative, correct?

bcla
Participant
0 Kudos

So I have a VS 2010 (.Net) web application. At the time I used SP 12 or 13 ( I think) on the server.

Moving said application to new server. Can I just use the SP25 and have my bases covered, or do I need to find the original SP12 or 13?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bcla
Participant
0 Kudos

How can verify?

Meaning...I installed the VS exe on my dev machine and then recompiled as well as I have the SP25 runtimes on the server.

However I am still getting "Failed to open connection"

Ideas?

Thanks, B

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll need to either recompile the application with SP25 or find the version of the SDK that it was originally deployed with. You cannot mix SPs - both compile time and runtime must be on the same version.

Also, there have been MANY updates since SP12 or 13. If you choose to recompile (which I recommend), you'll get support for newer versions of Windows, but you may have to make a few changes in your code - especially if this is a web application.

See https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Crystal+Reports%2C+Developer+for+Visual+Studio+Downloads for more information and a link to the download page. When you get to the download page, you'll use the orange button to download the .exe that integrates with VS. The blue buttons are for the various runtime options that are available for use when deploying your application - do not install them on the development machine.

-Dell