cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1: Download/Export Test Case Documents to Local Drive

kazfar
Explorer

Hello Helpful team,

I have been assigned a task in Solution Manager to download/export Test Case / Script Documents, attached to test case tab, for various business processes to my local C drive?

Please find attached screen shot , which shows multiple test case documents / scripts stored on test case tab.

Any help for this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kamal,

Good to know that, as far as i know there is not straight through process of mass download of test cases in Standard Test Suite functionality.

Thanks,

Aj

0 Kudos

Hi ajay.hoskotesomashekar

Does that mean that I need to select every single test case and download it manually?

Thanks for your help!

/Sofie

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi ajay.hoskotesomashekar

Thank you for your reply which really makes sence. I know about the possibility of check out/in, but my intention is to move all my test documents to another test system. Consequently I need to download those files.

I will see if I can write a report to be able. However, thanks for your time and help.

Thanks, Sofie

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sofie,

As we know we plan to use Solution Manager as Single Source of Truth in order to maintain the most updated Project artifacts associated with Solution. All the project collaterals like the Process diagrams, Functional & Technical specification documents, test cases, config documents etc are assigned to the relevant solution.

If one needs to update the test case assigned to Business Process Structure then there are options at each test case level to check out and check in the updated version of the test case.

So you might have to evaluate as to why would you like to mass download the test case out of Solution Manager and have multiple versions within & outside Solution Manager leading to ambiguity.

Thanks,

Aj

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kamal,

Is there any plan to upgrade to 7.2 ?

Thanks,

Aj

kazfar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Aj,

Thanks on commenting,

I assume there should be . we need Test Documents to be exported and make some changes and then imported to another tool.

Thanks