cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplifying the UWL 'Show Filters' option

alancecchini
Participant
0 Kudos

In EP7 (2004s) the default UWL filtering option is more complex than we would like, all we want is for users to search by a text string on their work items as per our old release (EP6).

The UWL documentation states that the link 'Show/Hide Filter' can be hidden but there is no mention whether this can be customised.

The options 'High Priority', 'Due Date' and 'Sent Date' are irrelevant for our views hence we would like to remove them even if this required amendment to the SAP standard UWL code.

I've looked in the PAR files com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl and com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.ui but I can't find where these options are in order to remove them.

Does anyone know how the filter can be modified?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alancecchini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isabella,

Unfortunately I didn't find a way of customising the filter so we have removed it as it was not an essential feature for our requirements.

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

I would be vitally interested to know how you removed the show/hide filters option from the UWL overview. I also have searched the XML files and other config and could not find a means to accomplish this. Your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, could you be so kind to tell us how did you hide/customize UWL filter???

Thank you

Lee3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the UWL iview there is a property 'Allow Searching' the default value is Yes, change it and the filter option disappears.

gr

Joeri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alan,

Did you solve the problem? I need to do the same and couldn't find a way to hide a few fields of the filter.

Isabella