cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting lock timeout and max.. number of versions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

anybody knows if it's possible to set a timeout for the locked resources. We need to set a timeout so when a user locks a documents for edition, this can be unlocked automatically if the users does not remeber to unlock it himself.

On the other side we also need to know if it's possible to set a maximum number of versions for a document, so when this number is reached the older versions are deleted.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Gregori Coll Ingles.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

thanks a lot for your answer. I knew about the scheduler task and I was doing it, but I thought that may be there was an easier solution, I'll have to create the task, no matter.

About the deletion of single versions I think it's posible, since I tested it a few days ago by creating a portal component that watched for a versioned file and delted some of the versions.

Thanks again for your answer, I hope they'll guide to the solution.

Regards,

Gregori Coll.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregori,

> it's possible to set a timeout for the locked resources

No, it isn't by standard means, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1b/ceabdb2883a1418e8da5d973d7983b/frameset.htm

You could implement a scheduler task which regulary checks for locked documents, for example instrumentalising the corresponding report, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ep60sp2patch5/helpdata/en/07/dad131443b314988eeece94506f861/frameset.htm and unlocks documents which are older than X.

> it's possible to set a maximum number of versions for

> a document, so when this number is reached the older

> versions are deleted.

No, it isn't. You could implement a repository service which checks against this maximum number when a file is created, but I'm unsure if the API supports deletion of single versions.

Hope it helps

Detlev