cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending UWL notification (without using SAP office connector)

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to send notifications in the UWL when ever a work item is approved / rejected. I am using BOR -> SELFITEM Method -> SENDTASKDESCRIPTION to send notifications.

These notifications appear as read / unread documents in the UWL they never appear in the portal UWL though. Reading through the SDN i found that I need to deploy SONiC SAP office connector in order to display these documents in the UWL.

I am interested to know if it is possible to send approval/rejection notifications to UWL without using SONiC SAP office connector.

Thanks,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, it is not possible without Sonic.

There is one trick that you could use. Instead of using the SENDTASKDESCRIPTION method of SELFITEM, use the standard user decision step. Just put one decision there such as "Complete". The user can read the message from the work item description and after he has read it, he can complete the task by pressing the button. The user decision looks quite nice in UWL.

Of course it is not exactly the same, but close enough. And easy to implement.

Regards,

Karri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bharath_mohan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Resolved !!

Please refer this blog

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/19652] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];