cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send BW Excel output to non-BW users as attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement wherein a BW Report with 25 different variants (One report to each Sales Office) need to be sent as an email attachment on a monthly basis.

I know that this can be easily accomplished via Reporting Agent functionality however, these 25 Sales Offcies are not BW Users, they don't have a BW Front-end. All they need to get each month is an Excel attachment. Can this be accomplished?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Srini

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

if you're using a BW 3.5 then you can use Information Broadcasting where you can define EMailadresses for the recipients. See documentation at help.sap.com.

In former BW releases I think you have to write an ABAP which sends the data by email.

regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jürgen,

Yes I know that Information Broadcasting can do this but un-fortunately, my Clinet is on version 3.1C.

Do you or anyone has the procedure and/or the ABAP Code that I can use to accomplish this?

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

This is relatively easy to do entirely within Excel. But, it would require someone to press a button once each month to kick off the process.

What e-mail system are you using?

How are the 25 variations determined? By different variables / filters? Or by different navigation states?

- Pete