cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective delta from ODS to CUBE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to set up a delta flow from an ODS to CUBE, but with some data selections in the delta init request.

However, the data selections are disabled for the export datasources of ODSs(debugging confirmed this).

Could somebody explain this behaviour to me? Also, could somebody let me know how I can set up selective delta from ODS to CUBE?

Thanks a lot.

Girish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I still do not understand the reason why the fields are disabled in the dataselections tab for delta initialization.

I know that I could filter the data in the start routine, but I would like to understand this behaviour.

Thanks.

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

If you refer the OSS note 499404 I mentioned earlier, it will give you the reasons for such behavior. Just to summarize it, the datamart infosource/transfer rule (with '8' prefix are part of the ODS Object definition and hence recreated everytime a ODS Objected is created and deleted when an ODS Object is deleted). As Bhanu mentioned earlier (and also as indicated in the OSS Note), using update rules you can discard the data you don't need or follow the modification as per the OSS notes.

Remember to reward if the responses were useful.

Cheers,

Sree

former_member213594
Participant
0 Kudos

Girish,

Choose the selections from RSA6 / BW data Sources / DM / Your Data Mart (8+ODS)in BW and activate & replicate.

Cheers

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Refer to OSS note:499404, hope it helps,

Sree

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

You could try to put your selections in the Start Routine of hte Update rules (ODS to CUBE) and delete the rest of the data package data that you don't want to load to the cube.

Hope this helps...