cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Database Not visible SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on the DR setup. Our database is SQL server 2008R2. Our production system is on MSCS cluster and we are setting the DR system on an additional hardware.

I am configuring log shipping on my SQL database. During log shipping configuration when browsing for the secondary database on the primary database, its not able find the secondary database. Its only showing the primary database. attached snapshot for your reference.

Please help us to resolve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohanty

Are you make DR in the same premises or outside the premises ?

Also, please verify the communication of Secondary SQL Server communicating  to PRD database using the 1433 ports.

if the required port is open then secondary database from the DR server should be visible.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can connect to the database by directly typing the database host name.  and also the log shipping configuration has been completed successfully.

Thanks all for your valuable inputs. closing the thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S_Sriram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Form your cluster server  DB to Secondary DB instance you have communication?

2. Is this any issues in the network? check with Network admin team.

Kindly refer the Microsoft link

Case Study: Troubleshooting a Slow Log Shipping Restore job - Microsoft SQL Server Tips & T...

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

There is no communication issue. I can view the share backup directory created in in the secondary database server.

I have logged on Node1 which is the current owner of the database of the MSCS server.

Regards,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Below links will be useful for you:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-43202

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8286

Regards

Ram

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert