cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5: How to submit large data set as form data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Current Scenario:

I'm converting a Webdynpro app into FIORI app. In the current scenario, the screen has three panels. Panel one is loaded with two tables - one table has list of all (say) Customers available for selection. And other table will take "selected" customers by clicking an
"Add Selected" button. Select All function is also available. The table can contain as many as 100,000 records available for selection.

Panel two contains some more input fields - let's call them filters. Panel three is results table. This application been developed in FPM/Webdynpro - submitting all the selected data and working with the values in the backend (ABAP) - everything went flawless.

Required scenario:

I'm replicating this same with SAP M tables with checkboxes in first column (I can as well do ui table, it shouldn't matter). But, in order to make the app work in the same way, I need to gather all the selected customers + any other form values and do Submit Changes. This works fine with smaller selections. But when I do worst case scenario, say 3000+ customers - it won't work.

I'm looking for ideas on how to approach this kind of scenario.

Are there any advanced features in POST method?

Is there any compressing technique for form data? On these lines.

If the Webdynpro application is able to send the same dataset over HTTP, I'm pretty sure FIORI app should also be capable of sending it. I'm kind of stuck here trying to figure out a solution.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it won't work,  what does it mean?