Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WorkZone Site Group confusion

peter_munt4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I have just started playing with the Groups within WorkZone. My site presents the S4HC Apps but I would like to add a Fun group to the page How can that be done and can it be done for particular users - especially the F1 and Golf fans !.

Here are the items - see the Group and the website links - for example to Formula1.

Here is one of the Groups that I want on the Web page.

The F1 hyperlink

The site settings - And I was expecting to be able to Edit this page and see my Group in the Assignments but this only shows my S4HC Roles - boring !.

and as it presents - but how do I get the Group with Formula 1 on it ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

SibylleBrehm
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

as Julius wrote, you can create your own role and assign the apps in your group to it. Then assign your role to your site. On BTP cockpit, a role collection for that role is automatically created and you can assign it to your users. Then these users will see the apps in the group which they were assigned to.

Regards,
Sibylle

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes everyone will be for everyone. Instead you should create your own groups and roles and assign them to the users as needed. Let us know if you are facing any challenges with that.

Julius

peter_munt4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Julius

I have a group named "Fun". If I create a role presumably in SAP BTP named "Fun Role" and put a few people onto it

how then do I import this "Fun Role" into WorkZone to then link it to the "Fun" Group ?.

thanks

peter_munt4
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have found the solution. The Everyone Role.

The Everyone role does not have a corresponding role collection and is assigned to all users implicitly. So can anything be done if I did not want to give everybody the Formula1 link ?