cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP on HANA - Migration of Primary Application server instance and ASCS instance

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need your idea to install new primary application server instance and ASCS instance on existing SAP HANA database. I will try to explain my situation below

1. Source system was running in Redhat Linux on MaxDB

2. I upgraded system and Migrated database from MaxDB to HANA using DMO of SUM

3.  I got the system running on HANA database (SUSE Linux) and PAS&ASCS running on Redhat Linux on Netweaver 7.4

4. I want to move/install PAS and ASCS on SUSE linux box, in order to get rid of redhat linux.

Target should be PAS,ASCS,HANA DB should be running on SUSE linux.

Few questions below:

1. Tried SWPM system copy --> Target system, but installer wants me to restore the new database using the backup file. Usually i have seen for other databases, where we can say that database is restored, start installing application server only. Can i achieve that here in HANA database?

Kindly share your ideas to achieve this.

Regards,

Kartik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply. I do aware of having PAS&ASCS and HANA instance in single host which is supported from long back. Personally i have installed one long time back.

My question here is, i got my hana instance running in SUSE Linux box, PAS and ASCS running in Red hat linux, both were the result of Upgrade and migration using DMO of SUM. Now i want to install new PAS&ASCS in SUSE Linux box and connect this HANA instance. Basically i am taking out redhat box.

Usually we can achieve for other databases (MSSQL)  this by choosing SAP NW version --DB--system copy --target system --standard system --based on abap--standard system and choosing homogeneous system copy, it will use the existing database and install the PAS&ASCS. But for HANA its asking to restore the database instead using the existing database which i don't want to do.

I installed the PAS & ASCS on existing HANA database by choosing Distributed system, which is mentioned in the system copy guide for SAP HANA, see section moving Primary application server. I achieved it by installing ASCS and PAS through distributed system copy and connected by existing hana database.

Regards,

Kartik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

laszloadamek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

SWPM20SP01_10-80003424 produced this for me also. Under SystemCopy steps the page is missing which contains the "Restore Manually" checkbox.

screenshot-2019-07-30-17-12-00.png

Always use the latest SWPM.

Br.,

Las

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kartik,

You can also move PAS&ASCS to HANA appliance which is permited, check this https://blogs.saphana.com/2013/12/31/announcement-sap-hana-and-sap-netweaver-as-abap-deployed-on-one...

Regards,

Ning

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

Yes It is possible,but in production system it is not recommended to install any other application on HANA server.

You need a separate server with SUSE for other application installation.

BR

Atul