cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP KM default permission menu customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a Km Folder and want to give access to few users with the read privilege. I am adding the users using the permissions option in the

folder details .When i am adding the user, the default permission is "Full Control" which i have to manually change to "Read"  .

My requirement is that the default should be "Read".

Please reply soon.

Regards,

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Just to extend Santosh's reply: It could be done by code modification (method addPermissionToAcl in class AclControl). That method sets the full control ACE when a new user / group / role is added to the ACL.

Hope it helps
Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Thanks for the Reply...

How to go about the process, is it advisible to do?It may impact all the location.

Mention a simple process to modify the code and use it again to see the change.

Regards,

Nitesh

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

> How to go about the process, is it advisible to do?
> It may impact all the location.

It very much depends on the knowledge you or some developers at your site have. It is not advisable if you don't have a general understanding how to deply modifications and what impacts they have (concerning support, updates, ...).

> Mention a simple process to modify the code

The only change needed is to change the following lines in method addPermissionToAcl - the two string literals have been "fullcontrol" before, you'd change them to "read" and redepoy the class:

if (!alreadyExists) {

permission = getPermission(getResource(), "read");

if (permission != null) {

acerow.permission = "read";

And yes, of course this is a central change and would affect all ACL dialogues (of course you are free to modify this dependent on the repository, but I wouldn't advise this).

Hope it helps
Detlev

PS: If you go the modification way - use DJ to decompile the AclControl class and be aware that it consists of several inner classes (needed to be decompiled, too, so all files have to be put in one directory to get decompiled)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

We cannot change the default value of permissions.

But if you don't want to do this manually, create a user group and add this to KM folder provide permission as Read save permissions.

Instead of adding user to km folder permissions just assign the user to that user group.

Hope this  solution will help.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh ,

Thanks for the reply.

But according to my requirement the users to which the folder permissions needs to be assigned changes on Ad Hoc basis.For eg:

I want to show the payment delay notice to few suppliers which need not be always the same,similarly if i need to show some formal news to some suppliers.

I Tried the way suggested by you, but was not of much use in our case.

Regards,

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

As per the discussion, you dont want give the read permission manually to any user.

Can you be specific what exactly is your requirement.

Thanks,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Suppose I have a list of 250 users in a excel file , I want to show a notice to only 23 users from the list. I will go to the Document details -> permissions and add the list of the 23 users , till here it is OK . The default permissions taken by each user id is Full Control, i need to change it to Read for all the 23 users manually. The viewer of each notice vary on ad hoc basis so managing it into Group level in not feasible.

Hope u  understood my issue now.

Nitesh