Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA licence

former_member186356
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

We are using HANA, We have a mixed scenario where we are using the stand alone (HANA studio) and

BW on HANA. We have 124 Gigs of HANA unit available to us and we are running enterprise license. (We can use the way we wanted to use) .

Now we installed BW on HANA, the empty BW took 80 gigs of memory on HANA. This is just empty BW installation. Does it consider against 128 gigs of HANA. This is the application consuming the 80 gigs not the data. So I am left with 48 Gigs of data. Is this is true or I am allowed store 128 gigs of data (We know 50 % for data and 50 for processing).

But from other sources, we heard that 80 gigs will not be considered against 128. Do the empty BW 80 gigs count against the memory?

Thanks

Magge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magge,

Let me clarify on your doubt:

• You have 128 GB HANA Server, hence as per SAP recommendations you can fill it with 64 GB of Data max for Optimal performance.
  • 64 GB is calculated by the data size in memory (Column+Row Store Tables). Hence you need to load all the tables (load TABLE_NAME all )entirely in memory and then calculate Data Size for correct sizing (select HOST, round(INSTANCE_TOTAL_MEMORY_USED_SIZE/1024/1024/1024, 2) as "Used Memory GB" from M_HOST_RESOURCE_UTILIZATION ).
  • What you pay to SAP for licensing is 128 GB cost.
  • FYI: SAP does not not support BW on HANA or SoH scenarios on the HANA Server below 512 GB.

Thanks Much,

Abhishek

former_member186356
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Abhishek. We are not using the suite on HANA. Also we are not using the ECC. We are using the same HANA DB for 1)BW on HANA 2) as standalone (Studio) for real time reporting. 

For BW. We are planning to bring the data from non-SAP system in to BW and then it will go to BPC for Consolidations. We also have need for real time reporting, so we are planning to leverage the HANA studio for real time reporting.

Now HANA is shared for both BW and Real time reporting.

1. Total have 128, so available is 64 for Data. The moment I install BW on HANA, since BW is an application server, it consumes some space which is around 80 gigs (No Data). Is this 80 gigs considered against 128 gigs of memory or we are left with 128-80 = 48 Gigs.

Thanks

Magge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magge,

Yes, you are left with 48 GB. BTW you should not fill your HANA Server more than 64 GB. In your case, its already consuming 80 GB, hence you need a proper sizing for the same.

Refer SAP Note: 1637145

Thanks Much,

Abhishek

former_member186356
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek.

Thanks

Magge

Answers (0)