SAP Fiori on-premise apps do not appear in SAP Build Work Zone

MaximFuchs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

we have completed these two tutorials:

This gave us the exposed roles within the SAP Build Work Zone:

The apps are also included in the roles:

However, after assigning the roles to the site and to the user, the apps do not appear in the Launchpad.

Does anyone have an idea whats wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

I think you might be missing this step. Can you check if you have done this and if you haven't, try this and see if it works.

https://help.sap.com/docs/build-work-zone-standard-edition/sap-build-work-zone-standard-edition/cont...

StepDescriptionDetails

0. Prerequisite

To run apps in an iFrame, you need to configure an allowlist - define secure applications by adding trusted hosts to the protection allowlist.

For more information, see Using an Allowlist for Clickjacking Framing Protection

Julius

P.S: The integration of the exposed content is done at the role level. All content items related to these roles, including apps, groups, and catalogs, are also integrated and are all visible in the runtime. In the Content Manager, however, it is possible to see only the roles and the list of apps assigned to each role. This explains why you do not see the groups and catalogs in design time in the content manager.

MaximFuchs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

it was indeed the step that was missing. Thank you!

Now I can see the tiles in the Launchpad but I`am getting an Internal Server Error when I try to open a app. The runtime destination looks good and is configured like described here: Configure Destinations | SAP Help Portal

Thats the opened URL of the app:

Has anyone an idea what could be wrong?

Maxim

Juliuspereira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maxim,

Are you getting any message in the launchpad for instance, couldn't find spaces assigned to your role or anything on this lines?

I think this may have something to do with the statement from one of the blogs that your referred to.

In blog, https://blogs.sap.com/2023/08/15/exposing-on-premise-s-4-apps-to-sap-build-work-zone-a-step-by-step-... , step 2,

"Ensure that the applications within these roles are activated and organized within Groups/Spaces and Catalogs."

There isn't any details on how to ensure the above statement. So I'm not quite certain if this is something that has to be done separately (possibly during Fiori apps Rapid activation ..using task lists in STC01)

You might also what to refer to this blog,

https://blogs.sap.com/2023/03/30/access-fiori-apps-via-sap-build-work-zone-site-with-federated-sap-s... and see if any more config. is needed.

Further in this blog, refer to screenshot below and check what these options (encircled in red) do and enable them accordingly.

In summary, I think you have to do one of the 2 options below.

1. You have to ensure that the applications within these roles are activated and organized within Groups/Spaces and Catalogs in S4 (possibly during Fiori apps rapid activation) and you then choose the "Include group and catalog assignments to roles in the screenshot above"

OR

2. You have to ensure that the applications within these roles are activated and organized within Groups/Spaces and Catalogs in S4 (possibly during Fiori apps rapid activation) and then you manually assign the roles to spaces and pages in Build workzone.

Julius

P.S: I don't have a S4 system yet, so I can't confirm if this is what is missing in the config. but I have a strong feeling it pertains to one of the two options above.

MaximFuchs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

thank you for your detailed answer.

I have tried your first suggested solution.

The roles, apps, groups and catalogs are loaded successfully:

However, in SAP Build Work Zone I only see the role with the apps in the Content Manager:

After assigning the roles to the site and my user, I do not see the apps in the Launchpad.

On the backend system, the apps are activated and assigned to the respective groups, catalogs and roles.

Your second suggestion is not possible as I can only assign apps to roles in the work zone and not to groups/spaces.

Best regards,

Maxim