Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DS - Schedule Batch Job Issue

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to schedule the Batch Job in Data Services. I am able to create a schedule job but the job is not getting trigged /started.

Selected Scheduler : Data Services Scheduler

Selected date : For eg Today's date

Time : Once in day - Mentioned Start Time
Duration : 5 Minutes

And also provided the Job Execution Parameters.

Job Status : Active.

But the scheduled job is not getting started as per the mentioned start time.

Any idea  what might be the issue here? Do we need to configure anything else.

I have followed the steps mentioned in DS Developer guide.

Regards,

Ashwin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aasavaribhave
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check al_rwjoblauncher logs in $LINK_DIR\bin ( for linux install of DS) or %DS_COMMON_DIR%/log for windows install.

Also check server event log around the time the job is supposed to be triggered - is there any entry?

make sure CMS connection is valid, password file is created using:

management console > administrator > management > CMS connection >

do you see schedule entry in windows task scheduler or crontab?

Also - duration is not applicable to once a day execution, that counts when you are selecting multiple times a day.

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aasavari,

Thanks for the response.

al_rwjoblauncher logs :

Unable to log on: Could not connect to server vedm  Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.

(14.1.1.210) 02_14_2014 13:25:13 (15516):            *** RWJL_EXIT called.

(14.1.1.210) 02_14_2014 13:25:13 (15516):            *** FEHLER: RWJobLauncher could not connect to the CMS. (BODI-1250220)

And there is no entry in server entry log at the scheduled time.

do you see schedule entry in windows task scheduler -? I can see the entry in the console...and the job is ACTIVE.

And when i select Multiples times in a day - Duration in minutes will be not appear on the screen.

What could be the issue ? And I want to schedule it for particular duration.

Regards,

Ashwin

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have fix the CMS Connection stuff in the DS Management Console.

In the left pane, Administrator --> Management --> CMS Connection. This has to be filled in with an user who can talk to the BO/IPS Server.

and then please share the batch job script details that you are scheduling.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

There was wrong system was maintained in Administrator --> Management --> CMS Connection.

I have added the server name and tested connection is working fine.

Scheduled the job again , but again the same entry in al_rw log

Could not connect to server VEDL.  Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.

- Ashwin

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Script details? Can you please elaborate ?

I am new to this DS concept

Ashwin

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Administrator --> Management --> CMS Connection

Here I Can see

http://scn.sap.com/Set credentials for logging onto the system on which this
program will run.

So which user we have to provide here ?

Regards,

Ashwin.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you execute the Job from BODS Designer every thing is fine, Issue arise only when you try to schedule the job from Data Services management console. Please confirm?

Can you please try the below steps

• Create a Batch file of that Job
  • Try to execute the batch script
  • Check the status job is failed or completed

Script should be like this after exporting from Data Services management console:

C:\SAPBUS~1\DATASE~1/bin/AL_RWJ~1.EXE "C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services/log/JS_DEV/" -w "inet:VDT-BODS:3500" -E " -SVDT-BODS -NsecEnterprise -QREF_BODS4_DEV -UAdministrator -PQWRtaW5CT0ST -Gb2ca31df_9a86_4236_abe9_3e81ae92d12a "

Thanks,

Daya

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use "Ädministrator" user for making connection from BODS to CMC.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

I can execute Batch Job from Data Management console manually - and no issue with that.

But I want to automate the execution process - so i\I scheduled a job but it didnt get triggered and the status

al_rwjoblauncher logs :

Unable to log on: Could not connect to server vedm  Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.

(14.1.1.210) 02_14_2014 13:25:13 (15516):            *** RWJL_EXIT called.

(14.1.1.210) 02_14_2014 13:25:13 (15516):            *** FEHLER: RWJobLauncher could not connect to the CMS. (BODI-1250220)

So Now you want me to  do the below?

Can you please try the below steps

• Create a Batch file of that Job
  • Try to execute the batch script
  • Check the status job is failed or completed

Regards,

Ashwin.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a Batch Script to automate the Batch Job Using Windows scheduler.

So Please share the batch script after creation from Data Services management console.

Thanks,

Daya

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Ashwin,

If you are scheduling your job through management console( Data Services Scheduler) check the below options.

First check the  below folder to scheduler is created or not .

C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log\,job server>\Schedules\<repository>

If Scheduler is available in that folder  check the below option .

Second check the Scheduling log file in the  C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log. See the windows scheduler started or not.

If scheduler is not started  then check the below options .

Just check your scheduler  is available in the control panel -- Administrative tools - Task scheduler-- Task Scheduler library--- At1( if you have one Data services schedule At1 , if it is more schedule means names like At2,At3.....)

For At1 check the general options . Under General options there is one option called security options.

Under the security option  one option called when running the task use the following user account .

Some times it assigns SYSTEM as user . You have to change the user by right the At1 scheduler  properties--change user&group  to current your system user.

I hope it will work .

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ramana,

C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log\,job server>\Schedules\<repository>

Yes the file is created.

C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log\

which file to check in this location? There is no scheduler log in this path.

Just check your scheduler  is available in the control panel -- Administrative tools - Task scheduler-- Task Scheduler library--- I didnt find any task schedule for Data Services - I have checked in Task Scheduler Library--Microsoft- windows

Can you please guide here.

Regards,

Ashwin.

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Batch Job :

"D:\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services/bin/AL_RWJobLauncher.exe" 

"C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services/log/JobServer_1/"

"inet:server010:3500"

-C

"C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services/log/JobServer_1/Schedules/REPO_1

/792337a6_8598_452a_890e_a529fa15fd64_1.txt" " -ScheduleID 1 "

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

You have to check the file AL_RWJobLauncherLog in the  C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log\ .  

Take small job and schedule the job for every 5 mins  and try to see in this log.

If you are not finding the entries for with current execution time then you have to check windows scheduler  as i mentioned in my above post.

Data Services schedule names looks like At1, At2.... . Check in windows schedules library.      

If your scheduler is active  and you are able to find the file under the path C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log\,job server>\Schedules\<repository>  you can find the data services scheduler in windows schedules .

Please find the below screenshots  for the steps

Schedule the job on every month 17th with duration 3 minutes  and interval 2 minutes from some starting time.

See the status  Scheduler is activated or not.

See the scheduler file in the  C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log\,job server>\Schedules\<repository>

Once file is there You can see the Data services scheduler in the windows scheduler library with name of At1

But user account is SYSTEM instead of  our system user account.

Because of user account is not your login account that's why Scheduler is not started . Check the the scheduler log file with previous scheduler date .

Changed the user account SYSTEM to my login user account ( with administrative rights).

See the scheduler in the library showing last run date

See the Scheduler log file  , it is showing that job is scheduled and running in the desired intervals .

I hope you understand . Check the steps and where it is the problem  according to screenshots and fix it.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I have followed the steps and still job didnt get started on scheduled time.

--Can we schedule for a particular duration for e.g 5 Minutes ? if you are scheduling it  once in a day and not multiple times?

--I have changed the user to administrator in Task Scheduler , do i need to change it to every time or for every job ?

- at_rwlaunch log

--------------------------

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 09:55:02 (16368): CRWJobLauncherApp::InitInstance called.

Unable to log on: Could not connect to server VEDLM1.  Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 09:55:08 (16368): *** RWJL_EXIT called.

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 09:55:08 (16368): *** ERROR: RWJobLauncher failed to connect to CMS. (BODI-1250220)

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 09:55:08 (16368): *** RWJL_EXIT called <180009 : Invalid command line syntax. (BODI-1250107)>

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 09:55:08 (16368): *** ERROR: RWJobLauncher failed to get the repository information.

- Is this the scheduler log file?

Can you let me know what is the problem or is there any configuration is missing.

And in the Batch Script -

"C:\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services/log/JobServer_1/" "inet:ved010:3500" - server

And in the at_rwlaunch log the server is VEDLM1...

Is this the issue?

Regards,

Ashwin.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Please refer the below SNotes.

1823762 - Error: You receive "RWJL_EXIT called <180009 : Invalid command line syntax.(BODI-1250107)>" in AL_RWJobLauncher.txt and cannot schedule a job in Data Services

Links:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1823762

Thanks,

Daya

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Thanks.

Can you please help me with path:

In the ..etc\hosts file, add a line to associate the IP address to the <Servername> without the hyphen- what is the path ?

And also can you clarify :

--Can we schedule for a particular duration for e.g 5 Minutes ? if we are scheduling it  once in a day and not multiple times?

--I have changed the user to administrator in Task Scheduler , do i need to change it to every time or for every job ?

Regards,

Ashwin.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Please update the host name where you want to schedule the ATL using batch script.

Path in general:

Drive:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

And also can you clarify :

--Can we schedule for a particular duration for e.g 5 Minutes ? if we are scheduling it  once in a day and not multiple times?: Yes you can, but you have to set for Daily / Weekly/... on which basis you want for more details.

https://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_ds_admin_en.pdf

--I have changed the user to administrator in Task Scheduler , do i need to change it to every time or for every job ?: Can you check from which user you are creating the schedular, If it was Administrator user by default you will see the user name in that schedular.

If it was other user so for every job you have to update the user details.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

In the path :

\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

there is no hyphen used in the server name

IP address localhost

localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

Thanks for the link : but i didnt find any information about scheduling a job for 5 or 10 minutes once in a day.

Regards,

Ashwin.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please share the data services management console->CMS connection screen shots and host file screen shots where your BODS Server is installed.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

I have added the IP address and Server Name vedlbt in the etc hosts file and it resolved the below issue

"Could not connect to server VEDLM1.  Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running."

But now the log says some different error :

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 11:51:00 (14084): CRWJobLauncherApp :: InitInstance called.

The connection CMS VEDLBT could not be established.

There is a wrong connection to @ @ vedlbt: 6400 (vedl010: 6400). The application can not continue.

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 11:51:02 (14084): *** RWJL_EXIT called.

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 11:51:02 (14084): *** ERROR: RWJobLauncher could not connect to the CMS. (BODI-1250220)

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 11:51:02 (14084): *** RWJL_EXIT called <180009: Invalid command line syntax. (BODI-1250107)>

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 11:51:02 (14084): *** ERROR: RWJobLauncher could not retrieve the repository information. (BODI-1250216)

Can you suggest here.

Regards,

Ashwin

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After adding the IP address on Server can you please restart all services  (SIA restart/ JOb Server restart)and then check the status.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi daya,

Restart and  checked.

services.msc and restarted BusinessObject Service.

Regards,

Ashwin

DayaJha
Active Contributor
former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Daya,

yes same isue in the job server log.

I have checked the link - but it says for BOE Scheduler.

Now can you please clarify:

-I need to select DS Scheduler or BOE scheduler?

-Can I run any batch job only for particular duration 5 or 10 minutes ? After that it should stop the/shutdown the Job Instance?

Job_Server_Log

14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 11:51:00 (14084): CRWJobLauncherApp :: InitInstance called.

There is a wrong connection to @ @ vedlbt: 6400 (vedl010: 6400). The application can not continue.

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 11:51:02 (14084): *** ERROR: RWJobLauncher could not connect to the CMS. (BODI-1250220)

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 11:51:02 (14084): *** RWJL_EXIT called <180009: Invalid command line syntax. (BODI-1250107)>

(14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 11:51:02 (14084): *** ERROR: RWJobLauncher could not retrieve the repository information. (BODI-1250216)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your version of DS 4.X ? this is a bug and it's already fixed in Patch 1.2, the problem is with "-" in the name it's also used for arguments so the launcher is getting confused with this

and truncating the server name

You can apply the latest SP2

or

You could modify you hosts file and create alias without "-" in it, something like bodsserver1

for the same IP

for example :-

192.168.0.121 bods-server-1 bodsserver1

Can you please share the hostfile details what you have mentioned in client and server.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

I have already changed that as per the Note.

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

# 127.0.0.1       localhost

# ::1             localhost

IP Address   VEDL(Server) - I have added this entry as per the note.

DS 4.1 SP01

Regards,

Ashwin.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

This issue got traced in below veriosn of BODS can you please apply the latest patch as per the SNotes

Product updates and issues addressed in SAP BusinessObjects Data Services 4.1 Patch 1.1 (DS 4.1 Patch 1.1):

ADAPT01677376

Data Services scheduled jobs fail to start from Job Launcher and fail with an error message "Unable to log on: Could not connect to server <truncated CMS server name>.  Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running", when CMS Server name has hyphen ("-") in it. This issue has  been resolved in this release.

SAP SNotes:

1804623    Release Notes for SAP BusinessObjects Data Services 4.1 Support Pack 1 Patch 1 (Version 14.1.1.284)

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1804623

Thanks,

Daya

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Thanks for the Snote.

But our issue is not related to that - I am not getting that issue of " Unable to Connect to server"

Please see below the Job_server log details

ob_Server_Log

14.1.1.210) 02_17_2014 11:51:00 (14084): CRWJobLauncherApp :: InitInstance called.

Regards,

Ashwin

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

It was clearly written in log that your job server is not able to connect to CMS, Please refer the Snotes and update your BODS version.

Other wise if you want the work around then donot use BOE schedular to execute the Job try to execute the Job from Windows Schedular and check the Status but i am not sure your issue got resolved or not.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

As I mentioned earlier - I am using Job scheduler as : Data service scheduler

Not as BOE Scheduler.

Another doubt - what is the difference between them?

My requirement : scheduling the job for duration of 5 minutes once in a day and after 5 minutes

the adapter instance should also be shut down.

Is it possible?

Meanwhile i will try to update the BODS version.

Regards,

Ashwin.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

For Adapter if you want to shutdown, then you have to kill the services for that adapter using script.

But before doing this activity you have to changes the configuration of Adapter. In Adapter we have a option called "Auto Start" by defult it was "True" make it as a "False" then re-start the Adpater.

So it means when your Job Server restart your Adapter will not start automatically you have to start manually.

So Create a script to kill the services for Adapter.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Thanks.
But cant we automate it ?

When I schedule a Job and it will run for 3-5 minutes and job will end( after extracting some records and status = STOP)

And will i also shutdown the Adapter Instance in console? or we have do it manually ?

Regards,

Ashwin.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For automate you have to write a script that after execution of Job your Adapter will stop.First Change the configuration of Adapter from "True" to "False" then write a script to kill the Adapter Instances.

Then Write another script where you have to call Job and Adapter both test it and then schdule it using third party schedular.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

I am little confused here.

what you mean by Third Party scheduler?

You mean to say - it is not possible by DS scheduler?

Regards,

Ashwin

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Now I am able to schedule the jobs automatically

But how to handle the Adapter Instance- so whenever batch job is finished, is there any method to shutdown the Adapter instance as well?

Regards,

Ashwin.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Change the configuration of Adapter. In Adapter we have a option called "Auto Start" by defult it was "True" make it as a "False" then re-start the Adpater.

So it means when your Job Server restart your Adapter will not start automatically you have to start manually.

But i think if you create a script it will not pick process id Dynamically.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Thanks, but my requirement is

- I will schedule batch job and it will run for 5 minutes and job will be finished

-But adapter will be running and then i have to stop it manually.

How to automate that as well? Is it possible? whenever my scheduled batch job ends, my adapter should be shutdown as well.

Regards,

Ashwin.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Adapter Shutdown only way is we have to stop the Job Server or Kill the Process ID of Adapter.

So if you implement also in Script it will not work for your requirement, Other wise there is no option in Adapter configuration.

Thanks,

Daya

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin, - How did you fix this issue?

former_member205667
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subramanian,

It was some issue related to job server and it got fixed( configured the connection and restart of servers helped to solve my issue)

are you facing the same issue ?

Regards,

Ashwin.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the Jobserver operating system in the time zone and time  as the client computer you have defined it from? If the server is located in a different geographical location this issue might happen.

kind regards

Raghu