Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP datasphere error - Partitioning for object failed

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

when trying to replicate table with Load type Initial and Delta, I am getting partitioning for Object failed error. I am able to load initial load without error.

How do I resolve it.

fedaros
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi bhat.vaidya2,

And what is the details ?

Also what is the partitioning you tried to ?

Regards, Fernando Da Rós

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It was resolved by note 2991673 - How to check what MT_ID belongs to which entry IUUC_1N_CONS_REG - SLT.

Abhishek_Hazra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bhat.vaidya2,

It's a good idea to comment under the person's answer so that the person gets a notification when you are writing a comment, if you don't mention the contributor & start a different thread, it's not possible for the answerer to know that you posted another comment with respect to the answer, that's the reason I did not know that you had written another comment. 🙂
However, now coming to your concern, you should consider all keys for the table for partitioning. So, please include MANDT as well. And the LTRS screenshot you have posted is from Performance Options, you should add the partition command in Table settings for EKKO, you can find it in table properties section as below.

Hope this helps 🙂

Best Regards,
Abhi

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mine is different from yours. Is your system S/4 HANA or are you on a higher DMIS. We are on standalone DMIS 2018.

Thanks

Abhishek_Hazra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,
We are not on S/4, but I don't think that would matter in this case (not 100% sure as I can't test). And we are on stand alone DMIS 2018_1_752 package in SLT terms. My guess is it could be due to some authorisation restriction you don't see the other tabs, may be check with your admin team?

Best Regards,
Abhi

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have an example/screenshot of the partitioning setup in LTRS. I do not think it is related to the table size as the number of records is about 9K

I have tried below and it didn't help.

Below is my setup in LTRS

Abhishek_Hazra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bhat.vaidya2,

For larger tables (usually more than 100 mio. records) partitioning is a recommendation in order to complete replication without a failure. But EKKO being a header table should not have such huge volume. But since you already have faced the issue & you say you have SLT based set up, have you tried adding the partition command in SLT? I would suggest adding a HASH 1 partition command to your table replication in SLT replication table settings & retry the replication process. It should work.

Best Regards,
Abhi

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am only trying to replicate EKKO table from ECC to SAP datasphere. and would like to capture the delta changes so that whenever there is a new entry in the table, it will be trasferred to Datasphere. I do not have issues doing initial load but I get the error when I try to use load type "Initial and Delta"

Our setup is standalone SLT with RFC connection to ECC and we are on DMIS2018.

I am not trying to do any partition, I just want to replicate a table to will give me delta changes when the replication flow is running.

When choosing load type Intial and delta, it is asking for partitioning.

As you can see below, the replication is successful because the load type is initial