cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO Audit: Reporting about active used connections

0 Kudos

Dear community,

in advance of BO upgrade we would like to know if the connections we implemented are really used as we would have to ask the consumers to test their connections after upgrade.

But we do not find any relevant CR/WebI report analyzing the usage of the connections.

Is there any idea how to do so?

Regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ayman_salem
Active Contributor

You can use the "SAP BI Platform Support Tools" which will give you many reports of your BI system (one of them lists all the connections in your system and which universes they are connected to).

0 Kudos

Dear Ayman, thanks a lot for your quick reply. But I look for an overview of the active used connections in the CMC. I need no information about there assignments. That is not the requested information we need.

Could you tell me in what area the analysis could be found as proposed by you?

Regards,

Peter

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the connection used if you are connected to the universe and reports are based on that universe, or if you have reports using freehand sql. this is what is meant by an active connection.

0 Kudos

Hi Ayman, thanks a lot for clarification. What report in which area would you recommend than? We use Relational and OLAP Connections I would like to analyze the dependcies.Problem could be that CR Enterprise is not yet installed on my client to use the CR reports. I requested installation by our support team. Regards, Peter

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and this one for universes and related reports

0 Kudos

That looks good. But where to find it?

0 Kudos

Hi, here is a copy what I found. But not what I wanted...

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Connection Analyzer tests the connection.

What I mentioned is a landscape analysis report.

Go to "Create Report" and then select the report you want to create.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ayman's solution gets you the list of connections and universes, but I'm not sure whether it will give information about which reports are active and using those connections.

If it doesn't, you can use that in combination with the "BI on BI" CMS universe to determine which reports are using a specific universe and from there you can link to the audit to find which reports are being run. Note that the audit database uses the SI_CUID values for ids instead of SI_ID, so you would have to merge data between the two universes based on that.

There are also third-party tools available that might help with this - APOS and Wiise are the better know companies that provide this type of too.

-Dell

ayman_salem
Active Contributor

The "Dependencies" tell you which reports use the universe (see screenshot).

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to all of you. We will see what will be the result.