Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC Planning Template add new line / Member Recognition

borabt
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have an input template where 99% the client will plan the data aligning with last year's actual.For example last year GL1 and Cost Centre X combination has some cost amounts, they will plan the same combination in the plan year. Therefore it makes sense to show actual data in the template and then surpress empty rows but rarely, they might need to add new combination for plan year ( we can't fully rely on surpress rows).

I think this is a very typical planning requirement and there is a great feature in both BPC Classic and Embedded that you can surpress rows but have additional empty lines at the bottom of the tempplate to add your new combination of data. Something like this ( also called member recognition in BPC )

Is there similar funcitonality in SAC?

Some potential workarounds :

* In BPC classic, we could also add a button to change the template setting via macro to show empty rows / hide empty rows so that users could change the view easily to supress rows via a button. I know there is no macro in SAC but is there an easy way to change the view without going to designer/table structure that business users shouldn't do?

* We may also add a new empty table to the bottom within the same page. Users add their lines there but preferably it should be within the same table as empty new lines as described above

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

William_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi borabt,

Add new lines( cominbations) is well supported in SAC story table, as well as add new dimension member.

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_ANALYTICS_CLOUD/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/80c9604348b9465da8098...

Best regards, William

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

borabt
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Thanks for the input. I was wondering why add member not appearing. In our case, GL account is in rows and it looks like there is a limitation specific to account type dimensions. You can't use this functionality for account.

Is there any workaround for account?

Indeed, the requirement is to not to create new members. I assume, we can prevent users creating new members in master data while adding a new line to the story which means allow them to only select existing members while adding story lines.