Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC: Incorrect Hierarchy node totals in Table

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAC Gurus,

I am facing a perplexing challenge in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) and would greatly appreciate assistance. I'm encountering discrepancies in parent level hierarchy node totals when using a Table visualization, and it's been a source of frustration.

To provide a visual reference, please refer to the table below showcasing the issue. In this example, the "Total Marketing" hierarchy node displays a value that is exactly twice the sum of the aggregated values underneath it. It's essential to note that I have not defined any specific "Aggregation type" or "Exception Aggregation" for any of the accounts within the Account Dimension.

My query is, why is this anomaly occurring? Your insights and suggestions would be immensely valuable in resolving this matter.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nicky.hays

nicky.haysDoes TOTAL_MARKETING has only 3 children in the dimension hierarchy ? One thing to note is that a parent node shows the sum of all its child members irrespective of what child are shown in Table. May be you should put a snapshot of the SAC table to get better understanding of the issue.

Br.

Nikhil

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

Yes , TOTAL_ MARKETING has only 3 children.