cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSDG_IOBJ_ACTIVATE fails directly with ST22 dump

neerajnaik
Explorer
0 Kudos
526

Hi Experts,

Recently we moved a considerable amount of 0SOURSYSTEM compounded InfoObjects from Dev to Quality but the TR is failing with RC12. The objects have moved in to quality but activation is failing due to inter-dependencies of compounding, nav attr, reference objects etc. We have raised ticket with SAP. But, parallelly to expedite the process we are manually activating objects via mass activation program 'RSDG_IOBJ_ACTIVATE' in Quality. In few cases the program is directly throwing a dump in ST22 without any concrete error message. Analysis and checks show reference to some unrelated Key Figures and ADSO, example as below

We ran the activation program for an InfoObject 'C1', the failure reference like the screenshot is to a Key Figure, say KF1. We checked the where-used list and everything but there is no connection and reference between C1 and KF1. The where-used list for both C1 and KF1 is different for all ADSOs and CPs and Infosources and Characteristics. KF1 isnt an attribute of C1 either. We are unable to proceed and check the dependencies. Is there a way to move forward? or our analysis of SY-MSGV1 field is unrelated or this message in ST22 dump is random?. In another other InfoObject(say C2) case, the reference in SY-MSGV1 is say-ADSO2 name and that C2 is not related to ADSO2 in anyway. This is confusing us as we are unable to find the missing link and move ahead with master data activation for few InfoObjects. Any assistance/advice/guidance is highly appreciated.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marcfbe
Participant
0 Kudos

1. Check that note 2433383 is implemented (or part of your SP stack)

2. Look for CHABASNM in the dump. That's the characteristic with the problem. Try activating it separately.

3. For DSOs, changing the compounding can require generating new SIDs. Check the InfoObject using RSRV and repair any inconsistencies

Best,
Marc
@marcfbe

neerajnaik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thank You for your feedback, appreciate it.

I checked for all your 3 points and below are the findings.

1. SAP Note 2433383 is not applicable to our version of BW/4HANA 2021.

2. Did check for CHABASNM in ST22 dump but it was showing the object which we were trying to activate via mass activation program, and not the one because of which it failed.

3. Picked up one IO-0EQUIPMENT and ran RSRV, it threw error that 'Unlkown Column name - 0EQUI_CAT'. In eclipse it was in revised version, ran RSRV on 0EQUI_CAT and it was fine. Then activated 0EQUI_CAT via program in quality and job was successful. Still 0EQUIPMENT is in error. Moreover, in eclipse '0EQUI_CAT' is shown in revised version but in base table RSDIOBJ its in active state. Cinfusing and weird.

Thank You.

marcfbe
Participant
0 Kudos

this will need debugging. SAP support is the way to go.

heiko_schneider
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Neeraj Naik,

opening up an OSS is for sure the right action and you have done it already in this matter. If there are no corrections existing. Another remark: Have you checked the consistency of KF1 (...and is this object activated)?

Regards

Heiko Schneider

neerajnaik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Heiko,

Thank You for your response.

SAP is still looking into the issue. Yes, KF1 is active and available in quality also its check in eclipse shows all is consistent. We managed to activate 95% of the Compounded infoobjects manually in quality, therefore, we are guessing issue may lie in the remaining 5% objects which are in error in Quality. We will try import of the same in new TR and will see if it works.

RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello neerajnaik

Hard to predict, as no Information of the SAP BW is attached. Anyway this is not an Incident System, either.

Check for correction of the Program RSDG_IOBJ_ACTIVATE

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/solutions/notesv2/?q=RSDG_IOBJ_ACTIVATE&sortBy=date&sortOrder=de...

Best Regards Roland

neerajnaik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Thank You for your response. Appreciate it.

We are on BW/4HANA 2021. I did try to look into the forum but didn't find anything pertaining to the issue we are facing and hence the post. The mass activation program ST22 dump doesn't give proper details on the reason of failing.So it becomes very difficult to find the circular reference/trails of master data dependencies. Also couldnt find any correction of the program - RSDG_IOBJ_ACTIVATE. Somehow, we feel this mass activation program does have some minor bug because of which the error message just flows into 'Uncaught Exception' without any proper reasoning. Or may be we are misisng something here.