cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Issue for AMount Key Figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

We have a report which shows monthly volume by customer with price of a product per 100 lbs. We also have Freight key figure for a 100 lb qty.

I created a calculated key figure using the Freight Key figure from the cube and in the property for calc. key figure I changed aggregation time of calcaulation to Before aggragation. When I run this report for a range of period, The values for this key figure is not showing tha actual value but the some for all periods. How this can be fixed.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope. It did not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Key Fig ZFREIGHT which comes from SAP. The value in this Key figure is a Freight rate contracted with the customer. e.g. 3.50/100lbs of product.

The conntract is monthly contract with 12 lines for each month with the same freight rate for each month.

The report has Month slection which is in filter of the query.

When I run the query from 01/2006 to 06/2006, i should see the volume of say 300,000 lbs for these 6 months and the value for freight should be $3.50.

But the query result shows me value of $3.50 * 6 = $21.

To avoid this issue I created a calculated key figure and the calculation is 0 + ZFREIGHT and changed the aggragation on this to BEfore Aggreagation under properties.

I moved this key figure to the sturcture. When I run this query, the valu still shows up as $21 instead of $3.50.

Is ther a way to have query display $3.50 and not $21?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

For ZFREIGHT, try removing the Summation setting the Calculate Results As property. Check this link for more info if required:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/17/82853c2dc5c505e10000000a11405a/content.htm

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu:

For this Key Figure, under calculate result as property, The setting is (Nothing Defined).

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set it to Minimum and see if this makes a difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu:

The report is to show the values for the specific period entered. Since there are many key figures and its comparision between plan and the contracted values, ther is no drill down by the period. User do not want to see key fig values by period.

Any Idea?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

If the report is only run for a specific period, you do not need the drill down by period. As per your original post, I though you could also run for a range of periods. Could you please provide some more details about the the query and the incorrect values resulting...

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Is this the issue: When you run the report for a range of periods, the key figure shows the sum of values for all periods of the range entered? If this is the case, try putting period in the drill across so that the key figure values appear per period and not summed up.

Hope this helps...