cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report tabs in Crystal Report Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working with VB.NET 2005 and Crystal Report 2008. On my form I added a CrystalReportViewer for viewing the reports. When I view the main report, there's a "Main report" tab shown under the toolbar. When I drill down on a sub-report, a sub-report is displayed on another tab. Looks like there's an internal Tab control in the CrystalReportViewer for displaying different report views (main report, sub reports).

The problem is, I disabled the drill down property of sub-reports, so only one view of my report, i.e. the main report will be displayed. Is there a way to "hide" this Tab control on the CrystalReportViewer? My users find this "Main Report" tab un-necessay and want to get rid of it.

I tried not showing the Toolbar and the Status bar, but it didn't help.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Had a look and the Viewer does not have this functionality. No option to turn off the tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Crystal Report 2008 RAS Server to built Report on the fly.

i am facing similar problem using RAS. when i click sub-report in main report tab, sub-report opens in new tab and this is not a problem. but Crystal report viewer itself shrinks to half size, and content inside sub-report truncated from its view.

is there any method for subreportclentdoc as in reportclientdocument like

"rcDoc.PrintOutputController.ModifyUserPaperSize" ?

Regards,

Padmanaban V

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Agnes;

The property, HasDrillDownTabs on the Crystal Reports Viewer should be what you need to hide the tabs.

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jonathan!

Can you tell me exactly where to find the property "HasDrillDownTabs"? I can't find it on the Crystal Reports Viewer object nor the Crystal ReportDocument object. I'm using Crystal Reports 2008 on a Windows application. Which namespace should I include?

Thanks & regards,

Agnes