cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record TotalPageCount and Report TotalPageCount

former_member951013
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have Record TotalPageCount and Report Grand TotalPageCount on every page of the report at the same time?

The report has a few multi-page subreports throughout. The main report has one Group section that has "Reset Page Number" checked-off in the Group Footer to display "Page N of M" on every page of each Record / GroupID document. The client is also requesting to insert the Grand Report TotalPageCount on every page... to show "Page N of M of G" (with "N of M" being the record's report page counts and "G" being the Grand Report TotalPageCount).

Could you please help me figure out whether this is a possible task?

Crystal Reports always shows the Grand Total Page Count in the menu bar after the entire report has been processed, even when it is set to Reset Page Number after each record. So it feels like I should be able to access that information somehow...

Thank you in advance.

KatiNonhebel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. I am here to help you to get the most out of it.

First of all, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers (if you haven't already), as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.

For example you :

• Can outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful)
  • Can share screenshots of what you've seen/done
  • Can use a descriptive subject line
  • Should also make sure you're using all the appropriate tags, so the right experts can find your question

The more details you provide, the more likely it is that members will be able to assist you

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit (although once someone answers your question, you'll lose the ability to edit the question -- but if that happens, you can leave more details in a comment).

Finally, if you're hoping to connect with readers, please consider adding a picture to your profile. Here's how you do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JdUbyjfMA&list=PLpQebylHrdh5s3gwy-h6RtymfDpoz3vDS. By personalizing your profile with a photo of you, you encourage readers to respond.

Good Luck

Kati - SAP Community Moderator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no way to do this in Crystal. Also, I generally recommend against using Page N of M or Total Pages - especially if reports are going to be fairly long. Normally when Crystal processes, it will show on the screen the first page as soon as it is rendered and while Crystal is rendering the rest of the pages. However, if you use Page N of M or Total Pages, the report will not display until after the report has completely rendered. Since you've said the report includes subreports, this means it will take even longer because each instance of the subreports has to run its query and then render its pages completely before Crystal moves on to the next section. If the report only has 10 or 20 pages, this is not that big a deal, but if it has more than that, the slow down can be pretty significant.

-Dell

former_member951013
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your response.

The client and the printer requested to display the Current Page and the Total Page Count per record on top of each page. So I had to use pagenumber and totalpagecount even though it slowed down the report generation tremendously. So now the grand report Total Page Count was requested by the printer in addition to the record Total Page Count, which felt like could be possible because after the report finishes running it has that value populating in the Page Selector of the top menu bar. So I was hoping there is something beyond my understanding of how record and page related information is being populated ... (almost like calling a global variable that could be stored somewhere...)

Thank you again.