Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Incomplete logon data" using "Single Sign On when refreshing reports"

klaus_buchner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to create a connection from Business Objects (Enterprise) to a SAP BW system by using "Single Sign On when refreshing reports on runtime".

I tried to logon as "SAP" User (<System-ID>~<Client>/<SAP User>) to the Universe Designer.

I get the error message "incomlete logon data" (the same if I logon as "Enterprise" User)

In the corresponding SAP-System I found a Shortdump (ST22) and it seems that Business objects tried to connect to SAP with an "empty" user.

But in the "Single Sign On when refreshing reports on runtime"-possibility I'm not able to type in a User and/or Password.

So I assume Business Objects takes the User / Password from my logon to the Universe Designer. ???

What do I have to do to forward my User / Password from my logon to the Universe Designer to the connection to SAP BW?

If I use the option to specify a dedicated User and Password (e. g. mine) everything works fine!

It also works to logon with my SAP-User(<System-ID>~<Client>/<SAP User>) e. g. to the Business Objects InfoView or CMS...

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Klaus

Edited by: Klaus Buchner on Aug 20, 2009 2:13 PM

View Entire Topic
klaus_buchner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay, Benoit, thank you for your useful hints - now it works.

Regards

Klaus