Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProcessDirect Adapter and Decoupling

David_Davis
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Within SAP CPI/CPI, the ProcessDirect adapter serves to modularize the entire iFlow. When both producer and consumer iFlows utilize this adapter, it implies they are effectively decoupled and operate with distinct Camel exchanges. Presently, I am faced with a scenario necessitating the decoupling of the Timer step from the primary flow, and I am contemplating employing the ProcessDirect adapter to invoke the main iFlow. While SAP recommends employing the SOAP adapter for such cases, it's worth noting that SOAP calls necessitate interaction with the LoadBalancer, unlike ProcessDirect.

I seek your advice on the optimal approach to decoupling both the Timer and main iFlows in accordance with best practices. Is SOAP the sole viable option in this scenario, or are there alternative methodologies to consider? Your insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
David

View Entire Topic
d_weinberg
Participant

In such cases we are always choosing the way via process direct. As you said ProcessDirect remains within the SAP network. I do see no reason to use SOAP in that case.

Regards,

Daniel