cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process for Flat file delta load from Application server to transactional??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to do a flat file extraction in delta loads from application server and that should be loaded into a transactional cubes scheduling a process chain.

Can any one help with ABAP code and step by step process for this?

Thank you

Devi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Girish- Thanks for the quick reply

we are getting the flat files from the application server and when ever the new data populated an ABAP program should check for the new data and extract the data from the flat file and that data should be into transactional cubes using a process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I do not think this is not possible! > flat file extraction in delta loads from application server SAP BW/BI supports deltas only if the datasources are delta enabled & probably only SAP R/3 datasources support delta, not even ORA! Please correct me wrong if I got the concept wrong? If deltas can be done via DTP settings, but each time you need to load fresh data at PSA level & delete all older requests (but is this delta in anyways?) Thanks!

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

We had a similar requirement and what we used to do was to get the file on Monthly basis to the path in the Application server and load it to the Cube and after the load is over ,move the file to back up folder and delete that from the location from where it was loaded.So any load that comes in next month will be pushed to the Folder defined in the Infopak,so at any given point of time there will be one file in the path defined n the infopak.

The File push and moving was controlled by Program.

Hope this helps to an Extent.

rgds

SVU123

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

As per your explaination, you want to load a list of files from application server using process chain.

You can do this with below steps.

1) Create a Event and call event to run Process chain multiple times.

2) Put all filenames in a file say, source-File

3) Write a rooting to read filename from Source-File and trigger InfoPackage

4) At the end of the process chain create new customized program which will delete first line from Source-File so that it will take next file in next run as well as delete currently loaded file. Once this is done trigger event again to start process chain again.

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please eloborate your requirement,

is there any new file you need to select for each day run( is the file name different based on date)

Thanks,

Girish