cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLATION ON WINDOWS 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all, I have just bought a new pc with windows 7 and I'm unable to install xcelsiuspre2008 which I ordered and downloaded from your website.

I have read all the documentation about compatibility issues with Win7 and have also tried to install the SP3 but same problem arises.

When I run the setup file, after choosing the language a window shows up saying: "Fatal Error - Installing ended prematurely because of an error" and I don't know what to do. I have also tried to install as administrator but always the same error.

Please, can anybody help me??

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error can occur for a variety of reasons.It can occur if you have version mismatch. Do you have an existing version of Xcelsius or any other BOE client tools. If so, please uninstall and try the installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced the same issue while installing Xcelsius 2008 SP3 on Windows 7. Are you using MS office 2010? Xcelsius is not compatible with MS office 2010 so you need to install MS office 2007 and it should start working.

The setup file checks the version of MS office and throws an error when MS office version is not compatible.

I learnt from one of my colleagues that after you install Xcelsius on Windows 7 with MS office 2007, you can uninstall 2007 and install 2010. Xcelsius works fine then but I haven't tried so I wouldn't advise you to do so.

Regards,

Kiran

CHickman72
Explorer
0 Kudos

I installed Xcelsius 2008 with Excel 2007. I uninstalled Excel 2007 when I upgraded to Office 2010. Xcelsius ran with Excel 2010 with some quirkiness when I started Xcelsius. At times, Excel wouldn't start when I started Xcelsius and I received errors. I would close Xcelsius and restart it and Excel would then respond.

Officially, Excel 2007 is the latest version that is supported. My research shows that Xcelsius 2008 SP4 or the next version of Xcelsius with BOBJ4 will address the compatibility with Excel 2010.

Regards,

Chris Hickman

Decision First Technologies

Atlanta, GA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an immediate and wonderful solution to the same.

Please download Virtual Box (its a free Virtual OS Platform) and Ubuntu (its a free linux OS), otherwise if you have another licensed version of Windows XP then take that and install it on top of your Windows 7.

Then once you have Windows XP or Ubuntu running on top of your windows 7 try installing Xcelsius on top of that, it will work like charm.

Thanks and Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav, thanks for the quick response. Just one more question before I follow your advice.

If I install it on win XP or Ubuntu, does it mean I have to change OS everytime I have to create an Xcelsius file??

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav, I followed your indications and tried to install it under XP Mode (windows virtual machine) but same error appears...Any other ideas??

Thanks,