Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portalapp.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here is part of my portalapp.xml.

<application-config>

<property name="ServicesReference" value="htmlb,com.sap.portal.ivs.connectorservice"/>

<property name="SharingReference" value="com.sap.portal.htmlb,system"/>

<property name="ServicesReference" value="htmlb,pcdadmin,pcdmanager,pcdservice,prtAdminTool"/>

</application-config>

If I try to run my ep application,Its giving me error that "Could not find portal application prtAdminTool"

Can anyone tell me what might be the problem?

Regards,

Swapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

first, SharingReference is deprecated. And you can also put everything together - double htmlb entry for example makes no sense.

Second, prtAdminTool probably won't be a portal application's name or alias. The names referred are the directory names under ../WEB-INF/portal/portalapps/[portalAppName]. Or you can, as done for htmlb, refer to the alias declared in the corresponding portalapp.xml.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Thankx for your info.

If i remove prtAdminTool in -ServicesReferences,Could not find pcdservice exception is throwing.

where can i find the proper names of the referring applications?

I could not find any directory called ../WEB-INF/portal/portalapps/[portalAppName].

where should i find this?

mine is like PORTAL-INF/etc..

Regards,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your application, if you have any imports from any other jar files, like your pcdService then you have to put that in the sharingReference inside ur portalapp.xml.

If you have access to server, then here is the exact path path

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\

servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\portal\portalapps

Instance and some other initial values might be different for you like J2E etc.From your imports, you can figure out which jar file the pcdservice is from then find that application in portalapps folder to locate that jar.If u've done locating the jar inside an application ,next is to put the application name in the sharingReference.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

p.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mhadi,

I could not locate the jar file called prtAdminTool and pcdservice.

Actually i am doing migration project.in ep5.0 its written in default.properties like

ServicesReference=htmlb

tagLib.inheritance=final

tagLib.value=/SERVICE/htmlb/taglib/htmlb.tld

ServicesReference=htmlb,pcdadmin,pcdmanager,prtAdminTool,pcdservice

SharingReference=system

If I try to add it in portalapp.xml

<property name="ServicesReference" value="com.sap.portal.htmlb,com.sapportals.portal.system,pcdadmin,pcdmanager,prtAdminTool,pcdservice"/>

its giving this exception.

please give me some suggestion.

Regards,

Swapna

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

check my last answer in /thread/97967 [original link is broken] and check your own .classpath file. Be sure to reference a folder structure equivalent to the structure on the server, everything else makes it complicated to get an idea what SharingReferences are needed.

The error message at least in the default.trc file will be quite explicit if you have too less SharingReferences; then search for the class which cannot be resolved using a tool like WinRAR or whatever you like. Or even better: Use ClassLocator to dynamically build your classpath on NWDS side and from that, read the applications which needs to be referenced.

Hope it helps

Detlev