cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Masthead Modification

0 Kudos

Hi

we are migrating from portal 7.3 to 7.5 environment. we are getting error with masthead. com.sap.portal.pcm.title

while checking the logs we found the reason for the erorr https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0002420334

we are trying to modify the xml file as the note suggestion via NWDS. But we are facing the same errors which are mentioned in SAP note 170593 notes. we followed the note instructions and we got solution to the htmlb error. Still facing errors with ComponentRequest and MissingResourceException.

Did anyone successfully modified Masthead file. can you please send me the steps on how to get rid of the above two errors.

Thanks

Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Yes I replaced the standard _core.jar file as shown in the note video and also I modified the portalapp.xml and removed commonservices entry. I am able to perform this modifications with the help of WinRAR tool.

But to make it as EAR file , while importing into my NWDS I am still getting ComponentRequest and MissingResouceException errors.

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

If you have only modified the jsp then you don't need to recompile. You can ignore the missing library errors. The code will compile ok on server. These errors are expected. Just save the ear and you can force deploy it to your J2EE engine.

you can also edit the xml and replace the jars without going through NWDS.

Best regards

Nick

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

did you replace the .jar as described in the Note also (com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead_core.jar)?

If the issue still occurs can you provide full stack trace of the error?

Best regards,

Nick