Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup appearing as a workitem in Inbox

former_member628395
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry if this is a re-post. I tried to search for the solution, but could not find the solution.

I want a popup to appear once the user rejects a workitem. I found many post suggesting that the "Advance with a dialog" should be checked.

In my case its checked(ticked) but yet I am not getting the popup, but I get a new workitem. On execution of that work item I get the desired popup.

Please let me know if I am missing out on anything.

Regards,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope that there are no background steps between the two steps?

I hope that the agent assignment has been set up properly? Both steps have same agent?

"Advance with a dialog" is the key here. It should work with it. I hope you have set up it for the correct step? Set it up for both steps so that you make sure that it has to work. And remember to refresh the buffers (SWU_OBUF) and start a new workflow after your changes.

Regards,

Karri

former_member628395
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

Thanks for your prompt reply. As you have pointed out, there is a background step just before the popup step. Is this causing a problem?

Is there any restriction or anything?Cause I had changed the workflow a bit and thereafter the popup did not appear.

Please let me know, how do i resolve this.

Regards,

Sagar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"I want a popup to appear once the user rejects a workitem"

What for? To get the reason for the rejection, right? If so, just have it immediately after the user decision.

What could you possibly be doing in the intervening background step that can't be done before the user decision or after the comment?

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

former_member628395
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rick and Karri,

Thanks for the replies.

@Karri, thanks for helping me find the cause of the error. It was the background task just before the popup task.

@Rick As you rightly said, in normal cases I would not require any background task before the popup. But will figure out a work around.

Thanks a lot. Closing the thread.

Regards,

Sagar

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The 'Advance with Dialog' will only work in SBWP, not UWL. Which are you using?

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

former_member628395
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

I am using SBWP. As Karri has pointed out, the reason is the preceding background task. I tried deleting the step and I got the desired popup again.

Could you please let me know how do I resolve it?

Regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, you cannot have the background step between the steps. That is clear now. You have three options:

1) Try to change the background step into a "foreground" step, if possible (=it is your own custom task). Advance with dialog must be on of course. This might work. The foreground step gets completed in the "same session" and the flow will continue to the next step (=your dialog popup) and all the time your user ID is used to complete the steps (not WF-BATCH).

2) Change the background step somewhere else in the workflow.

3) Change the whole logic of this phase of the workflow.

It is hard to give you detailed instructions since we don't know what is your scenario. What you are trying to achieve? What does your background step does, etc.?

Regards,

Karri

Edited by: Karri Kemppi on Nov 17, 2011 10:16 AM