Did you mean: 

Overwrite Object Instance or all Attributes of it

michael_koch9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have an question regarding ABAP OO,

i like to do following:

1) i like to give the reference me into a attribute of an local object.

2) edit attributes of this object

3) overwrite attributes of me with changed on of the atrribute of the local attribute

Step 1 and 2 is no problem,

but when i tried it like this.

me = lo_test->test.

i get the message that "me" is not overwriteable,

sure i can make it by every attribute of my class:

me->test1 = lo_test->test->test1.

me->test2 = lo_test->test->test2.

but i want a dynamic why to overwrite all attributes.

Thank you for any idea!

Regards

Marcus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus!

'me' (or 'lo_test') are pointer to an object. In case of attributes handling looks similar to a structure with their fields, but you discover the main difference: the structure name is just the head for all components - but 'me' is not a pointer to a (structured) field string.

You have to handle the attribute level (or make your assignments in a method). Maybe you can get a more dynamic access by using one structure with all values as single attribute.

Regards,

Christian

michael_koch9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thank you for your answer.

My Problem is i have an existing object with ~ 80 Attributes which are already implemented - so it would by a lot of effort and testing for me to rewrite all attributes to a structure.

But it is the right way, is there maybe a generic structure of the me instance to do right this lik me->all_attributes. I´ve even neaver heared about, but maybe???

Regards Marcus

michael_koch9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i found an answer for my problem!:

there is no problem, because it is not necessary to overwrite the me reference. while i transfer the sam instance of the object only in a new reference both object variables refer to same object instance and therefor changes have not to be transfered between them.

Thanks anyway for our assistance in this case.

regards marcus

Answers (0)