Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for modeling massterdata attributes which can have multiple values

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo All BW Experts!

here is a modelling requirement which i find quite interesting and challenging.

How can we use attributes for a masterdata which can have multiplevalues. Currently these kind of attributes are stored in seperate ODS. One example for such a requirement might be the Busines Partner groupes. Each Business partner can be in more than one group.

my question is , How can we modell such kind of masterdata model which enables us to use these attributes for restrictions in reporting from various independent infoproviders. Main problem is due to the condition that the no of such groups per each user is not fixed and can be changed in runtime.

any suggession will be rewarded.

with regards

ashwin

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

generally this kind of relationship is obtained only via Transaction data, only the upload of transaction data (invoice - material movements - ...) determine the correct n:m relationship.

Other possibilities are:

Compound: every single value for a Master Data is determined by a combination of Master Data.

Infoset: you create a join beetween two Master Data or one Master Data and an ODS.

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Recardo!

you are right correct but i can not use compounding..might be infoset is optimal for such requirement but want to have alternative options. problem with infoset is it cannot be used well with cubes in bw3.5

with regards

ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

you are right about use of InfoSet with cubes.

I canonly suggest you to use InfoSet like DataSource for a MasterData or ODS: you can feed this new object with the values joined by the InfoSet and then use the same in a MultiProvider or in the Cube directly if we are talking of a Master Data.

Ciao.

Riccardo.