cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open ODS on InfoSource: Missing Field from Composite Provider DataSource

dsakq
Explorer

Hello, this is a very specific question but maybe someone can help.

I'm using a Composite Provider as a DataSource so I can use an OpenODS View on top of an InfoSource that is based on the DataSource.

The Composite Provider contains a calculated field. Whenever I debug the tansformation, those calculated fields are not transferred. They're empty. If I copy the transformation and run a DTP that writes to an DSO, all values are passed over and I can see the values from the calculated Composite Provider fields.

My assumption: The evaluation of SQLScript fields in the Composite Provider somehow takes place after the values have been passed to the transformation. Does someone know?

Thanks

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dsakq
Explorer
0 Kudos

Found the solution I think: The query didn't contain those fields. So internally, they're marked as "not relevant" in a field list table and therefore not processed. Once you add them to the query, they'll be transferred. Btw: When using a Query based on an openODSview that is based on a transformation/infosource, compression takes place before the transformation. I.e. records are compressed according to "relevant fields".

Answers (0)