cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ofset to Variable in BEx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

i have a variable for fiscal year which will be filled by user for example if he is

inputing 2005 variable has to convert that 2005 to 2004...they ofsetting is to be done how to do it..

can somebody guide me step by step as well letme know if any ABAP is needed.

thanks and regards

harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Harish,

in this case, no abap needed, you can right click the fiscal year, and 'restrict' with variable, and after assigned, right click the variable 'specify variable offsets' and fill with '1'. hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi A.H.P.

ya i figured it thanks a lot

thanks and regards

harish

Message was edited by: Harish Bidarahalle

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right click on the characteristic -> choose 'restrict' -> select required variable -> right click on the variable -> choose 'specify offset' -> put value '-1' in the field.

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Harish,

you have drag the fiscyear and variable to row area or free characteristic area, right click the variable and 'restrict', in next screen under 'selection' right panel, you will see the variable again, right click and choose 'specify variable offsets'. hope this helps.

you figure out already .... give you one link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3f/89533e5ff4d064e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Message was edited by: A.H.P

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes u can do it using offset values.

rght click on fiscal year>restrict->select a variable if u have already>drag and dop it to rtght window->rght lcick on it->choose set variable offset-> enter '-1' -->ok...

now if u enter 2005 in selection screen..out put will be for 2004.

regards