cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Installation XI4 SIA error

former_member188977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all, we have installed XI4 over LINUX EL5/ ORACLE according to documentation.

Installation finished successfuly, but SIA doesn't start.

log said:

Invalid bootstrap line: bootstrap file.

|5994D303FF134064BBFA803A5FA459DE8|2011 10 06 13:17:07.730|-0300|>>|A| |SIA_suarbuwol8d01| 2182| 1|main | ||||||||||||||||||||com.businessobjects.cad.syslo

g||Server Intelligence Agent has failed to initialize because the bootstrap file is invalid. Please restore your bootstrap file from your backup.

Server Intelligence is initializing itself from the backup bootstrap file /usr/sap/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/_boe_suarbuwol8d01.bootstrap.backup because the ma

in bootstrap file /usr/sap/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/_boe_suarbuwol8d01.bootstrap is inaccessible or invalid.

5994D303FF134064BBFA803A5FA459DE9

2011 10 06 13:17:07.730

>>

A

SIA_suarbuwol8d01

main

com.businessobjects.cad.log

Failed to initialize Server Manager.

file /usr/sap/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/_boe_suarbuwol8d01.bootstrap exists but is empty. Same with /usr/sap/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x64/_boe_suarbuwol8d01.bootstrap.backup

Thanks in advance,

IV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem with a BOBJ 4.0 new install on LINUIX/Oracle and after re-installing twice, the problem was the passwords I had specified.  They contained special characters "[]".  As Rob stated, after I made my passwords simpler (KISS method I guess), the install worked. 

former_member188977
Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem was security access for the database.

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you ellaborate? What access was missing or what access does it currently have?

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

So we finally got it up and running. SAP was able to provide us some new dbcheck library files to get it working with Oracle, specifically

platform.services.cms.cpp.dbcheck-4.0-core-64/libBCM.so

platform.services.cms.cpp.dbcheck-4.0-core-64/libBCM.so.4.0

and also it is important to note that passwords will cause an issue, specifically the "$" sign will not work, I suspect that theinstallation treats it as an OS level variable.... Note: escaping the "$" sign will allow you to connect to the database but the installation will still not work, so simply just stay away from the "$" sign.

Former Member
0 Kudos

rob,

Can  you supply these to libraries?

platform.services.cms.cpp.dbcheck-4.0-core-64/libBCM.so

platform.services.cms.cpp.dbcheck-4.0-core-64/libBCM.so.4.0

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos
find . -name \*" "\*
./sap_bobj/logging/setupConfiguration.Log(2011-10-9 15-33).xml
./sap_bobj/logging/
./sap_bobj/tomcat/webapps/BOE/WEB-INF/eclipse/plugins/webpath.PerformanceManagement/web/images/Dark Gray.gif
./sap_bobj/tomcat/webapps/BOE/WEB-INF/eclipse/plugins/webpath.LCM/web/dhtmllib/images/skin_infoview/Copy of style.css
./sap_bobj/tomcat/webapps/BOE/WEB-INF/eclipse/plugins/webpath.LCM/web/dhtmllib/images/skin_infoview/New Folder
./sap_bobj/tomcat/webapps/BOE/WEB-INF/eclipse/plugins/webpath.LCM/web/resources/images/not logged in.PNG
./sap_bobj/tomcat/webapps/BOE/WEB-INF/eclipse/plugins/webpath.LCM/web/resources/images/toolbar/Life Cycle Management Tool.jpg
./sap_bobj/tomcat/webapps/BOE/WEB-INF/eclipse/plugins/datafederator.sourcedefiner/com/businessobjects/datafederator/sourcedefiner/definers/csbased/Demo CSBased 01.png
./sap_bobj/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/BOE/eclipse/plugins/webpath.PerformanceManagement/web/images/Dark Gray.gif
... 110 more
Former Member
0 Kudos

installed with default "db2 non-root" option on centos-6 (unsupported OS version) and get zero-lengh bootstrap files.

the reason for this was a connectivity problem with db2 during setup (there are logs in a special "/" subdir of logging dir)

the workaround for bootstraps is to use ./serverconfig.sh with recreate sia node option and using temporary cms (database connectivity should be already fixed manually)

maybe this will be helpful

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

I too am having this problem, however, I'm on a supported OS (RHEL 5). I do not like the fact that a lot of these directories have spaces in them and the blank " " directory that has the logs in it. You can tell that this developed in the M$ realm and then poorly ported over to Linux. Shame on you SAP. I also don't like the fact the if I'm trying to use Oracle as my backend database that I have to install DB2 into my $HOME directory first because the installation (just like in the 3.1 installation is screwed up and doesn't think it can talk to the Oracle database). Talk about trying to push an unfinished product out of the door. I understand that these Oracle link problems are "supposed" to be fixed in SP3 of the installer, but obviously that isn't currently available.

Now to try to fix SAP's problems so on to my question....

Igor,

I don't see a recreate node option. Here are the options

1 - Add node

2 - Delete node

3 - Modify node

4 - Move node

5 - Back up server configuration

6 - Restore server configuration

7 - List all nodes

I'm guessing it's either option 3 or option 6, can you please shed some light on the matter?

Many thanks,

Rob

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When Oracle connectivity and proper drivers are used and properly setup prior to BOE installation, both XI3.1 and BI4.0 install without problems in 99% of all installs.

There is no repair the node option in serverconfig.sh.

You need to create new node (you can use same name as original) which will re-create/repair the node.

Which " " direcrtory with logs do you mean ?

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

Denis,

Please refer to SAP Note #1298935 for the Oracle connectivity problems during installation. It's a problem with the installation, as you can connect to the Oracle database with the ./cmsdbsetup.sh script after the installation and then point it to an Oracle installation. This is for the 3.1 SP3 installation

and refer to this thread about 4.0 SP2

the posted states that SAP says to essentially do the same thing, as with the note above

As for spaces in filenames/directories see below (the hidden log directory is the second item below "sap_bobj/logging/ "... I have to type cd " " to get into it.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the KB is just a workaround to get product installed, it doesn't identifies what the problem is but does mention to properly setup env variables

the forum post doesn't mention any ADAPT numbers, so I doubt there is one because a bug of such magnitude would be delivered in a PAtch not in Feature Pack 3 which is still a long way off .

Also, it has a statement from another user who installed more than 6 deployments without any problems connecting to oracle.

So, as I said - majority of installations have no problem connecting to oracle.

as to the empty " " directory - that is weird and should be investigated by SAP support - please create Incident with them.

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

the kicker is the " " directory isn't empty, it has lots of cms log files in it. As for the setting up environment variables so it can connect to Oracle, I've followed the installation guide to the T and I change nothing to get it to work afterwards using cmdbsetup.sh

Best part is I've gone through the 4.0 installation and I can't even get the SIA applications to start up because it can't seem to find the local cms because of an empty/invalid bootstrap file (it's a plain jane installation, taking the default at all prompts and using the bundled db2 installation)

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

I was under the impression that all BOBJ "notes" were SAP Knowledge Base Articles... no?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

missing invalid bootstrap file sounds like a bug - need investigating.

As for the KB's - yes, they are.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the exact same problem with empty bootstrap files on CentOS (Yes, i know unsupported, but it's really redhat under the covers. I connect to Oracle as well.  I can't install 4.1 because 4.0 has to be installed.  there is next to 0 in the KB articles and Notes.

As for installation, hangs to a slow speed at 95%, then finally completes 30-40 min later...complaining about "Errors"..that's it.  Error logs show same thing, invalid or missing bootstrap files.

Does anyone have a linux bootstrap file to share? I'd like to see what is supposed to be in it.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Andy - why in the world would you install on CentOS. You'll get no support from SAP even if you manage to install product there and then run into a true bug or two.

by the way CentOS is not really red hat. Code split was a while ago....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consultants in a proxy of SAP don't get the free use of Redhat.  CentOS gives consultants opportunity to practice and gain knowledge with the products with minimal cost.

0 Kudos

Hi,

the error says "... bootstrap is inaccessible or invalid".

Has the user full access on the bootstrap file?

Regards

-Seb.

former_member188977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seb.

I'm using the same user for installation and execution.

Therefore Ive double checked and yes, has full access.

thanks!!!