cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Language - Centralised Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a project to bring all client reports to a centralized solution. Our clients are spread across many countries in Europe and the Server resides in Paris. The local settings are in French. So for the reports from Baltic counties the character set do not match in the system. Because of this for the reports from Baltic countries all the Character sets in the repot are replaced with junk characters.

Can anyone help me out to overcome this problem. Should we have to purchase any character set and other solutions if any.

Thanks in advance,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul2
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

I have a similar requirement.

I am working on the solution architecture for a global reporting system, and considering using Crystal for standard reports, and Voyager for ad-hoc audit support. One of the requirements is to provide the reports in the local country language, for each country that the system will support.

u2022 How is multi-language reporting supported by Business Objects (CR\Voy)?

u2022 What would be the impact to report development?

If the server and reports are in the UK, how would that affect a report viewer in Malaysia (i.e. their local character sets, numeric standards etc..).

Many thanks,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any inputs on this issue will really be helpful!

Thanks in advance,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm dealing with a similar problem at the moment. Did you find a solution in the mean time?

Best Regards

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

Unfortunately, no! We are still finding a suitable solution for the same.

We are now forced to a situation of having "Semi-Centralized", grouping Baltic and Cyrillic countries in a single environment and others in a different environment.

We also feel this to be a Windows problem rather than a Crystal problem, since Crystal takes the settings from Windows Regional and language settings. Not sure but.

Please let us know if you have any inputs on the same.

Regards,

Krishna.