cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Data . It can't be like this, please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

User A plans version 1 and uses (in the layout) version 0 with actuals as a reference.

User B plans version 2 and also uses (in the layout) the version 0 with reference.

The system gives a locking error as User 1 is actually locking versions 1 and 0. Version 0 is not even in the level. Is just as a data column.

I understand that the system locks any data that is displayed in the layout but there has to be a way to display some ACTUALS that I have in a bais cube to several users at the same time.

I checked note 555849 but it's certainly not the solution.

Points awarded to any helpful answer.

Regards,

Alberto Sabate

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like both User 1 and 2 try to plan on version 0. If so, the lock can not be avoided.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If understand correctly the users plan on version 1 and 2 and you just display actual data with version0?

If so this should not give lock entries (supposing that version is customized as a lock characteristic). Note that your actual data can not generate lock entries (so assuming it is a not real-time cube).

how do you experience the lock entries. Did you analys it with RSPLSE? On the last tab you can see locking conflicts details, on the third one you can see what is locked and what isn't. Also in rsplse please make sure that on the tab lock characteristics your characteristic version is assigned to the right-hand side of the column for your plan cube (in general everything is set to the right-hand side).

I checked your scenario with my examples (we have the same) and I don't have problems .

If you experience the locking in your workbook, please note that once your layout is locked, you need to unlock it with a statement CMD SET_INPUT_MODE and Active = X:

CMD 1 SET_INPUT_MODE

ACTIVE 1 X

DATA PROVIDER 1 ...

grtz

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately i'm not using BI 7, but a BW 3.5 and this new locking functionalities you mnentioned are not available.

Anyone is able to comment on the matter?

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

with note 953803 it is also possible to split data of a planning layout to 'plan' and 'reference' data.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a username characteristic to differentiate, probably there is no more locking.

Gurus, please let me know if my suggestion is wrong.

thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using BPS. You need to put a check mark on the Comparison tab (2nd one) of the planning layout. Otherwise it will think that it is available for planning and create a sm12 lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alberto,

Transaction RSPLSE only exists in BI 7, but in BW 3.5 you can use report UPC_ENQUEUE_READ in SE38.

This report lets you know wich selection is currently locked by the selected planning area/user.

It helped me to resolve some locking problems... so I hope it will help you also!

Best regards,

Jeoffrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for BPS see also note 635244

D